Midori Hoshi's Xbox One/360 Controller Advanced Controls Guide

All the help in the world is right here.
Midori Hoshi

Re: Midori Hoshi's Xbox One/360 Controller Advanced Controls Guide

Postby Midori Hoshi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 pm

AntiHero2242 wrote:How do you Streamline this?

You mean, making the controls more simple? If you want normal, basic controls, just go into the PSU launcher controller settings and select setting #2. That will make your controls the same as the Xbox 360 version.
ミドリ★
Female Newman Masterforce

AntiHero2242

Postby AntiHero2242 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:02 pm

Midori Hoshi wrote:
AntiHero2242 wrote:How do you Streamline this?

You mean, making the controls more simple? If you want normal, basic controls, just go into the PSU launcher controller settings and select setting #2. That will make your controls the same as the Xbox 360 version.

Thank you.

How will this affect other functions such as chat and the item pallets? Will they be worse than in the previous Set Up?

Midori Hoshi

Postby Midori Hoshi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:08 pm

AntiHero2242 wrote:Thank you.

How will this affect other functions such as chat and the item pallets? Will they be worse than in the previous Set Up?

I don't know what you mean by "the previous setup". If you don't like the default basic controls, you are free to edit them and add things to them to make them best for you.
ミドリ★

AntiHero2242

Postby AntiHero2242 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Midori Hoshi wrote:
AntiHero2242 wrote:Thank you.

I don't know what you mean by "the previous setup". If you don't like the default basic controls, you are free to edit them and add things to them to make them best for you.

Well i mean any set other than #2

Midori Hoshi

Postby Midori Hoshi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 pm

AntiHero2242 wrote:Well i mean any set other than #2

The game also lets you customize your controls and pick which button you want to set each action to. Just do it that way if you are worried about what button does what.
ミドリ★

AntiHero2242

Postby AntiHero2242 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Midori Hoshi wrote:
AntiHero2242 wrote:Well i mean any set other than #2

The game also lets you customize your controls and pick which button you want to set each action to. Just do it that way if you are worried about what button does what.

Okay. Thank you. Sorry for the trouble.

Midori Hoshi

Postby Midori Hoshi » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Updated the first post:

- Added Instant Turbos for all attacks. If you are playing a class that can use techs, you normally wouldn't want to set your attack buttons to turbo because it would prevent you from using hold techs. Well now you can just hold 2 face buttons for instant turbo whenever you want it. This works with the bottom action palette as well.

- Because they were clashing with the instant turbos, I had to move around some of the menu shortcuts to other buttons. And for the same reason, I had to remove one of the chat shortcut buttons.

- Added a button for neutral armor. The normal 6 elemental armors work the same, but now you can equip neutral armor by holding LT and pressing the Right Stick Click button. This is done with AutoHotKey, which means you can't use it during a hold tech. You can however, use it during instant turbo, thanks to changing which keyboard keys do the two attacks in the ini file.

- Improved how equipping armor during hold techs works. You no longer need to release the bumper button before changing armor when using hold techs from the bottom action palette.

- Combined the Autofire X and Autofire Y profiles.

- Removed the Autofire X & Y profile. Since the infinite PP glitch has been fixed, it's no longer needed.

- Added 3 Autofire profiles designed to help with AFK PA leveling. All of them can help you level 2 PAs at the same time. 2 of the profiles can help you level attack techs. The idea is to find enemies that can heal themselves, drain your PP to 0, and position yourself near a corner. If you can manage to find the right balance of offense, defense and PP regen, it's possible.

When you switch to one of these profiles, the usual image that is displayed will include a reminder about how to set it up:

- Increased the amount of time the profile images are displayed, from 2 seconds to 5 seconds.

- Updated the AutoHotKey script to also work on the rewrite closed test server.

If you normally use these controls and want to use this update, you should update your ini file, download the new zip file and overwrite your AutoHotKey script, and the entire JoyToKey program (including profiles and images).
ミドリ★

Matt4394

Postby Matt4394 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Midori Hoshi wrote:Updated the first post:

- Added Instant Turbos for all attacks. If you are playing a class that can use techs, you normally wouldn't want to set your attack buttons to turbo because it would prevent you from using hold techs. Well now you can just hold 2 face buttons for instant turbo whenever you want it. This works with the bottom action palette as well.

- Because they were clashing with the instant turbos, I had to move around some of the menu shortcuts to other buttons. And for the same reason, I had to remove one of the chat shortcut buttons.

- Added a button for neutral armor. The normal 6 elemental armors work the same, but now you can equip neutral armor by holding LT and pressing the Right Stick Click button. This is done with AutoHotKey, which means you can't use it during a hold tech. You can however, use it during instant turbo, thanks to changing which keyboard keys do the two attacks in the ini file.

- Improved how equipping armor during hold techs works. You no longer need to release the bumper button before changing armor when using hold techs from the bottom action palette.

- Combined the Autofire X and Autofire Y profiles.

- Removed the Autofire X & Y profile. Since the infinite PP glitch has been fixed, it's no longer needed.

- Added 3 Autofire profiles designed to help with AFK PA leveling. All of them can help you level 2 PAs at the same time. 2 of the profiles can help you level attack techs. The idea is to find enemies that can heal themselves, drain your PP to 0, and position yourself near a corner. If you can manage to find the right balance of offense, defense and PP regen, it's possible.

When you switch to one of these profiles, the usual image that is displayed will include a reminder about how to set it up:

- Increased the amount of time the profile images are displayed, from 2 seconds to 5 seconds.

- Updated the AutoHotKey script to also work on the rewrite closed test server.

If you normally use these controls and want to use this update, you should update your ini file, download the new zip file and overwrite your AutoHotKey script, and the entire JoyToKey program (including profiles and images).

this is cheating, i don't support this behavior. shame on you.
Image ImageImage

Hulkish18

Postby Hulkish18 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:10 am

It won’t let me run the joy2key.exe when I log into PSU it just lets me move and look no othe controller functions work.

Midori Hoshi

Postby Midori Hoshi » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:24 pm

Hulkish18 wrote:It won’t let me run the joy2key.exe when I log into PSU it just lets me move and look no othe controller functions work.

You have to run Joy2Key as admin. Also make sure that PSU is the active window, since Joy2Key sends keyboard inputs.
ミドリ★

Return to “Guides”