Custom Resolutions

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Midori Hoshi

Re: Custom Resolutions

Postby Midori Hoshi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:49 pm

I finally got around to trying a custom resolution today because I saw this post with different versions of them listed, some of them with no mention of the minimap, so I was wondering if that meant it would work.

Nope. Turns out the minimap exists, but it's broken. Then I tried the normal map and that doesn't work at all. This is horrible. You should probably edit your post to mention that both normal and minimaps are broken so people don't waste their time thinking they are properly working resolutions. Both the regular map and minimap are useful for many different things, so playing without them is just handicapping myself. Having a higher resolution should improve the game, not make it worse.

And while we are on the subject, can someone please figure out how to do custom resolutions over 720p that actually work? I'd love to buy a new PC with an ultrawide monitor and play PSU at the monitor's native resolution.
ミドリ★
Female Newman Masterforce

shade

Postby shade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:10 pm

I thought it was a known things, but ok, np, I've edited my post to add informations in regard to this.
But in fact, the normal map works. You "just" have to resize/move it.

Also, and I don't think I'm the only one to do this, but I/we try to fix this issue (well, as far I'm concerned, I haven't really done any research this year). I've made some discoveries, but not enought to totally fix the UI when you increase the resolution (especially the map things). It's really, really, complicated. But anyone who know how to use a dissassembler may try to fix it (and eventually discuss of all of this, probably on psumods which is, I think, a better place to work on this).
ぐぇぐぇ。ぼよよん。

Midori Hoshi

Postby Midori Hoshi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Thank you.

If the normal maps works, then it must have really been out of position because I actually did resize and move it a bit and didn't see anything. Either way, we shouldn't have to do that. It should open up already in the correct position.

I hear from a lot of people that it should be possible to properly fix the maps. I hope someone (or a group of people) decides to seriously try to fix it. I have no idea how to do it myself or else I'd help out.
ミドリ★
Female Newman Masterforce

suou_t

Postby suou_t » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 pm

A new patch has appeared, but will not exe be updated?
I saw it with a bit of editor but I did not understand it

Return to “Discussion”