Clementine Discord Server

Find out the latest news about Clementine, here!
Tony

Clementine Discord Server

Postby Tony » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:03 am

This will serve as the official text/voice chat server for Clementine from this point forward. We've weighed some options in the past, and gone through some different things. At the current time, this is the best and most convenient solution for us. Team-speak is good, but not everyone cares to get on, and continue to do so. Skype has few moderation options, and is generally not organized at all. IRC is a cryptic device to some people, and somehow is too complex for them to use.

Discord is easily accessible. Downloadable clients are available for most operating systems, even IOS, and Android/Google Play.
The whole experience can also be obtained using just about any web browser, making this one of the most viable communication services for such a diverse community.

We will be using this service to communicate with members of the community, and people working with us on Clementine. Testers, and helpers can get into contact with Admins here. This isn't only a place for work, but a place for the community to keep in contact. Chat and conversation is more than welcomed, so long as it's done in the appropriate channel.

Join the server Here.
If the link is dead at any point, leave a post on this thread to inform me.

The rules are simple!
- No Racism / Hate speech | We're friendly here. Breaking this rule will result in removal from the server.
- Keep it SFW | NSFW Images are not allowed.
- Clementine/PSU chat should be kept in #clementine_and_psu and anything else can be put in #general. If you're looking for people to play with in-game, try #looking_for_group
- If any admin/moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. We're only trying to keep the peace.

If these rules are abused, violated, or broken, you will be moderated by the online Admins, and we will not be tolerating any of the above.
If the ability to post links is abused, it will be removed for everyone, and links will have to be run through moderation, or not available at all. Please don't ruin it for everyone.
Last edited by Cuddly Doll on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Explaining it is like trying to eat a bear trap... or something"

Cuddly Doll

Be good people. :) It makes everything easier for everyone!

Postby Cuddly Doll » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:09 am

To all current and future users: this is a nice thing. Myself and the other Discord admins would prefer it remain that way, and will be doing our part to ensure it does. Please follow the rules and be considerate of not only the admins, but also your fellow members.

And do try to have a fun time. See you around c:
you've got nice earlobes

Ricewind

Re: Clementine Discord Server

Postby Ricewind » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:16 am

Great!
I was already looking into something like this myself. Good to see you've found a viable option.

Thanks!

Wriggly

Postby Wriggly » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:03 am

Awesome, Will pop on over. Good way to keep in touch with all too so thanks :)

Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:35 pm

I've been using Discord for a while now (Mainly for Rocket League communities and things in the same category) and I can say for certain that Discord is my preferred software when it comes to either in-game or out of game chatting. It also uses next to no ram so it's a good software for low-end PC's too.

Even though all software like this uses next to no ram. :^)

Seriously though. Discord is good.

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:27 pm

Joined! I just need to be confirmed by an admin so add me plox. IGN for discord is Noble_wine.

Cya in discord if I'm not haunting the forums. 0/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I hate 2016 and this current year..." -Noblewine

Discord: Noble_wine#8594

Brendson

Postby Brendson » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:30 am

I joined and sent Tony a PM for member role.

If you guys want another mod for the channel I'll be happy to help out. I've been using Discord since May 2015 and set up numerous servers.

Otherwise thanks for not confining us to TS or Skype.
Brendson | Rpn | Bulleh | Lynx
Twitter - YouTube - Twitch

Shadowmaus

Postby Shadowmaus » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:03 am

I am in. Just awaiting administration validation.
-Long live Clementine

Gnome

Postby Gnome » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:15 am

Shadowmaus wrote:I am in. Just awaiting administration validation.
-Long live Clementine

I just accepted 3 people in, not sure if one of them was you, give it a go!
Hurt me please

Akiko hoshikari

Postby Akiko hoshikari » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:24 am

Are people able to log in?

Return to “News & Information”