Random closing [Offline]

Got a problem or a solution particular to Phantasy Star Universe Offline? Post it here
roaxes

Random closing [Offline]

Postby roaxes » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:24 pm

I been playing the offline version of AOTI with mixed results. The game always eventually ends up closing itself but sometimes gives me enough time to complete a mission while other times closes before I can even start one. There's no error messages it just closes.

I do have the hope and despair mod installed but I had this problem long before it such as the offline client that came with the first clementine public test. I've told my anti-virus to ignore it and even tried disabling it while playing but to no avail.

I'm playing on windowed mode but full screen also closed itself. Has anyone had this problem and came up with a solution? Currently stuck at the rescue Huyga mission where it let me play till the end of the mission before closing before it finished, and now it just closes during the beginning during the dialog.

*The funny part is, the online mode never gave me a closing problem on the first public server, just offline story mode*

roaxes

Re: Random closing [Offline]

Postby roaxes » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Possible solution but could just be coincidence: I remembered another older game called "Star Wars battlefront" that would randomly close around the time PSU AOTI was released on PC and I remembered that to one of the solutions to stopping it from crashing was plugging in headphones strangely.

So I tried it and I finally managed to beat the story mission it kept closing on.
This could be coincidence though so if you are also having similar problems don't get your hopes up.

EDIT: Definitely coincidence as the random closes still happen.

Return to “Help & Guides”