Issue getting the game to run

Got a problem or a solution particular to Phantasy Star Universe Offline? Post it here
sydnie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Issue getting the game to run

Postby sydnie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Was hoping someone could help me out! The problem I'm running into is I launch the game from the launcher and then a window starts to appear and it seems like something is stopping the program from running so it stops opening and nothing happens. I have checked my anti virus and have but in exceptions and I'm not sure what else to try. If anyone has any sort of idea it would be much appreciated, thank you! I'm on Windows 10 for reference

User avatar
Noblewine
Posts: 983
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:56 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Issue getting the game to run

Postby Noblewine » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:49 am

sydnie wrote:Was hoping someone could help me out! The problem I'm running into is I launch the game from the launcher and then a window starts to appear and it seems like something is stopping the program from running so it stops opening and nothing happens. I have checked my anti virus and have but in exceptions and I'm not sure what else to try. If anyone has any sort of idea it would be much appreciated, thank you! I'm on Windows 10 for reference


Maybe I can help I had a similar problem a few years ago. First what anti-virus program are you using?
Skype: Noblewine31 ( I had to change it because I forgot my password)
Discord: Noble_wine#8594
My discord channel. PSUHotspot

sydnie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Issue getting the game to run

Postby sydnie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Noblewine wrote:
sydnie wrote:Was hoping someone could help me out! The problem I'm running into is I launch the game from the launcher and then a window starts to appear and it seems like something is stopping the program from running so it stops opening and nothing happens. I have checked my anti virus and have but in exceptions and I'm not sure what else to try. If anyone has any sort of idea it would be much appreciated, thank you! I'm on Windows 10 for reference


Maybe I can help I had a similar problem a few years ago. First what anti-virus program are you using?


I'm using avast, the free version.

Galvin
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Re: Issue getting the game to run

Postby Galvin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:48 pm

I am running into the same problem!
I installed the google drive file and updated the launcher with the manual patch.
I run everything as admin and both the launcher "Play" button and the PSUC.exe don't seem to work.

Did you find a fix?

User avatar
Dual Stream
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:37 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Issue getting the game to run

Postby Dual Stream » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:50 pm

There are lots of threads now, all giving the same advice for these problems.

I suggest you re-read some of these threads and try again, you may have missed something?

I understand that you want to play and that it's frustrating, but there are only a few things that can be causing problems.
Take a good look through these threads and follow the advice given there.


viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2044&start=450

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2340

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2382


Good luck!

- Viyra

Galvin
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Re: Issue getting the game to run

Postby Galvin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Re-did the intallations and the patching and still have the same problem :(

User avatar
Marmalade
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Issue getting the game to run

Postby Marmalade » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:54 am

Galvin wrote:Re-did the intallations and the patching and still have the same problem :(


Something is blocking your client from launching, whether it be Anti virus, Windows Defender, or some other security nonsense.
If you right-click the PSUC.exe and go to properties does it say "Unblock" anywhere at the bottom?

If not, investigate your Antivirus and Defender! In rare cases it can be Data Execution Prevention, but worry about that later.
Image
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Galvin
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Re: Issue getting the game to run

Postby Galvin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 am

Marmalade wrote:Something is blocking your client from launching, whether it be Anti virus, Windows Defender, or some other security nonsense. If you right-click the PSUC.exe and go to properties does it say "Unblock" anywhere at the bottom? If not, investigate your Antivirus and Defender! In rare cases it can be Data Execution Prevention, but worry about that later.


I closed my anti-virus and disabled my windows firewall and experienced the same thing. I don't see any "unblock" things in the properties of PSUC.

Galvin
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Re: Issue getting the game to run

Postby Galvin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:39 pm

My PSU-celementine folder looks like this:
DATA (folder)
GameGuard (folder)
ClemLauncher.exe
d3dx9_33.dll
di.dll
LangAE.bin
LangF.bin
LangG.bin
LangJ.bin
online.exe
option.exe
PSUC.exe
PsuIlluminus.ini
SEGAPSU.ini
unins000.dat
unins000.exe

By the way, before I reinstalled the client, when I opened the ClemLauncher, it added a "Patch" folder. Now I have reinstalled everything and used the manual patch and opened the ClemLauncher, it didnt create the Patch folder in my PSU-Clementine folder.

User avatar
Marmalade
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Issue getting the game to run

Postby Marmalade » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Galvin wrote:I closed my anti-virus and disabled my windows firewall and experienced the same thing. I don't see any "unblock" things in the properties of PSUC.


You closed it, or you disabled it? Have you also tried adding an exception for PSUC.exe and ClemLauncher.exe?
Galvin wrote:By the way, before I reinstalled the client, when I opened the ClemLauncher, it added a "Patch" folder. Now I have reinstalled everything and used the manual patch and opened the ClemLauncher, it didnt create the Patch folder in my PSU-Clementine folder.


Go to your installed game directory.
Right-click the game folder and select ptoperties.
Go to the Security tab and select the Edit... button.
Select your username from the list.
In the bottom window, make sure Full Control is checked.
Apply & OK.
Do the same for the PSUC.exe and ClemLauncher.exe if possible.
This will allow them access rights to read files, and in the case of the patcher, write files.



Let's also check DEP isn't a culprit!
Press your Windows Key and R together, this will open the Run prompt.
Type in cmd and hit enter.
In the command prompt window type wmic OS Get DataExecutionPrevention_SupportPolicy
The value you get back should idealy be 2 (0 is also OK)


Lastly, check your game options to make sure your resolution and such is set correctly.
This is all I've got '^'
Image
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!


Return to “Help & Guides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests