Download and launch issues

Talk about anything relating to Phantasy Star Universe just here!
Electro_tF

Download and launch issues

Postby Electro_tF » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:37 am

I'm pretty sure I downloaded all three Installer files, but it appears that the .exe file only downloaded to 42%. I am viewing all of this on windows 10, and 8 zip lite app. The download however comes back with zero errors. I am no computer geek, but I feel like the .exe file is the reason I can't launch the game. I was wondering if any one that has been successful has insight on what the next steps I need to take to play the game are.

Kyu

Re: Download and launch issues

Postby Kyu » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Electro_tF wrote:I'm pretty sure I downloaded all three Installer files, but it appears that the .exe file only downloaded to 42%. I am viewing all of this on windows 10, and 8 zip lite app. The download however comes back with zero errors. I am no computer geek, but I feel like the .exe file is the reason I can't launch the game. I was wondering if any one that has been successful has insight on what the next steps I need to take to play the game are.

Make sure that you are using this link (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2044) to download the client. It's a google drive document that has everything you need. It's basically a single patcher that does everything for you.

ChronosNotashi

Postby ChronosNotashi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:00 am

Kyu wrote:
Electro_tF wrote:I'm pretty sure I downloaded all three Installer files, but it appears that the .exe file only downloaded to 42%. I am viewing all of this on windows 10, and 8 zip lite app. The download however comes back with zero errors. I am no computer geek, but I feel like the .exe file is the reason I can't launch the game. I was wondering if any one that has been successful has insight on what the next steps I need to take to play the game are.

Make sure that you are using this link (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2044) to download the client. It's a google drive document that has everything you need. It's basically a single patcher that does everything for you.

Not sure if he's able to use Google Drive (I know I've had complications with large GD downloads with my network), and his post implies that he's using the base AotI client download on psumods. That's what I used when I redownloaded AotI to use the Offline patch (this was AFTER the PSUC Mega download was removed, so yeah), since Program Files(x86) didn't like it when I tried to apply the patch.

If that's the case Electro, then the first thing you need to do is make sure ALL of the installer files AND setup.exe are for the same version of PSU. The post that has the client download has TWO versions of the game: the PSU:AotI client (the one you want for PSUC), and the original PSU client. And the installer files/setup.exe for the two DO NOT MIX! You will have issues with installing the game unless you have the right installer files, and making sure you have the right ones is as simple as checking the file size for each one (the checksum on the post with the download links shows the correct file sizes). If a file is smaller than it should be, then it's likely an installer file from PSU original (or didn't download fully), and thus you'll have to delete that installer file and download the correct one. Best to also delete the setup.exe file and download the AotI setup.exe file just to be absolutely sure, since that's not AS clear.

If this still doesn't work, then let us know.

Electro_tF

Postby Electro_tF » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:48 am

I got it figured out:) Thank you guys for the help. Turns out that my storage on the specific drive was just to full and it didnt want to download the installer. Currently playing

Return to “Let's talk!”