Quick Question? Quick Answer Thread!

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Mikuru

Quick Question? Quick Answer Thread!

Postby Mikuru » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:49 pm

If you have a quick question about Clementine or PSU in general, that can be simply answered feel free to ask it here! I will edit the questions that involve the Clementine server on to this post sense those seem to be asked more frequently.

Orange Text = Clementine Related

Is the server down?
YES, THE SERVER IS DOWN

Where can I download the game?
Spoiler:
Look at this thread! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1537

Are you going to fix the leg bug issue?
Spoiler:
NOTE: The bug caused you to get tangled between enemies like the Svaltus legs making it hard to get close to attack it.
The leg bug issue is something that will probably be fixed with a patch. Shouldn't be too hard. :)

Thanks shade!

shade wrote:So, for people who play offline, who want to get if fix'd right now and don't utilize the JP ver. of the game with the Int. patch (I've implemented this patch alongside the translation) :
https://mega.co.nz/#!RtYiwCRK!r8qJ0J9qu ... rgqIJYeVT4
[spoiler]

Code: Select all

232adada2e2dfd47688b61ddaa82e62e su_en_seed_ardite.nbl
68e098130fc98ba2e3354323ffcd780b su_en_orgdus_tn.nbl
716c49af2f8e0df120be4fff02cbc7ef su_en_svaltus_tn.nbl
9785f42a8c9b30308caa108f6c646234 su_en_lutus_jigga_tn.nbl
d0d22e33b47cbab365931e692bce6396 su_en_kagajibari.nbl
d3193e0f27abb6f1b9255f7dc90b4afe su_en_bead_grude.nbl
e60d6d8819e37f751762cee9b4eea077 su_en_grinnabete.nbl
e77447ef4c1487b83cf57f96ab7b6d7d su_en_grinnabete_c.nbl

1ffd0db3e0b54048caff394e9c09eda8   de_crc.nbl

Are you guys planning to have Community Events like Mission Spotlights and socialize/interact with the community?
Spoiler:
Mikuru wrote:Of course! I can say for sure I would be more than willing to host community events! Community related events like Mission spotlight, Hal's Radio Broadcast (If anyone remembers that), Sonic Birthday Events, Great Gurhalian Cup, ect, are one of my favorite things about PSU.

The game would be nothing without the community so this is something we could definitely do.

Are you planning to change anything to make it less of a gamble/risk to upgrade your character(s) gear?
Spoiler:
At this time, there are no plans to change this. We also can't tell for sure what will need to be changed. Only time will tell.

Are there plans to add content from JP PSU that NA never got? On a related note, are there plans to add game mechanics from PSP2 such as Dumans, evading, guarding, and chaining? Or at least, are those mechanics viable to be put in?
Spoiler:
Tony wrote:As far as JP content, we will do what we can. If all goes well, and we figure out all of the required info, then I'm sure we'd try to do that, but we are not sure yet if that will be possible. Alike to most things involving new mechanics, we don't have the resources to change those parts of the client, so new mechanics, like dodging and all of that probably wont be possible at this point. If these things change, and become possible, that would be great, and we'd love to do it, however we will have a hard enough time just getting the baseline fully functional.

TLDR:
JP content: Depending on some stuff.
New (psp) content, and mechanics: Probably not, unless some stuff SERIOUSLY changes.

Marmalade wrote:If/when Clementine hits a stable, playable and working state then we're likely to start poking at the JP client. It would probably be easier for us to adapt Clementine to support that client rather than trying to push stuff into the US client and assuming the client will handle the packet's as expected. The only reason we're using the US client is because we have the most packet logs for it, but we'd love to have the JP content eventually, even if it's just styles.

As for dodge rolling and such, not likely. That would require crafting new packets (or hijacking one) and making the client aware of that to begin with, let alone animations, event states, tying in controls and the like. Some serious work would need to be done for something so basic that it's not really rewarding enough to do. At least the battle system is smoother than PSO '<'

But of course we'll never know until we really try, I suppose.

Do you all have plans to include custom missions and items and such? Little Clementine exclusives.
Spoiler:
Marmalade wrote:Not sure, the current extent of weapon customization is stats and name, I'm not sure how much more can be changed at this time. The same for missions, depends really how much we break them down and possibly build them back up. For custom missions to work we'd have to understand exactly how all the files work and then build them back up to something the game and Clementine can digest. Whether we can do that is ??? and we're (or I am) debating whether to even bother doing that, or rather just write our own proprietary script to handle existing missions. Both have their pros and cons, but I won't know until I truly get a feel for where we stand on this (eg. Help, Time, Bastardization) '<'.

Tony's response regarding specifically weapons:
Tony wrote:Everything that a weapon has can be changed, so in theory we can have 100% new weapons, using no pre-existing data (other than an ID). That being said, different modifications would require different things, and some more intense than others, so don't count on this. Its far to early to say exactly what will be changed, but it is possible that something like this will be done at some point down the line.

Keep in mind, most of the data for weapons (pertaining to their appearance) is client side, either hard-coded into the client, or in the data files. To change the texture, you'd have to have an understanding for the weapon data file. On top of changing the texture, if the resolution is not the same as the original, it wont work right, and then you will need to do MORE work to make it actually fit, and display properly.

Textures are the easier part of weapons, and their not even something most would consider easy. Anything involving new models would assume that you can properly create a model that PSU can understand, and then you could rig the client up to read it properly.

Overall having completely "Custom weapons", would take a whole lot of work, and again I can't really say if this would ever happen for Clementine, but I can hope as much as the next guy, right?

Are you planning to make more mini games in psu like Explosive Duels or the Air board racing?
Spoiler:
Marmalade wrote:Probably not for a long time, we still have a lot to figure out before much of that stuff is possible, unfortunately.
[/spoiler]

Midori Oku

Re: Quick Question, Quick Answer Thread!

Postby Midori Oku » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Sticky! :)

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Mikuru wrote:If you have a quick question about Clementine or PSU in general, that can be simply answered feel free to ask it here! I will edit all of the questions that are asked on to this post so people can see the questions that were asked before asking their own!

What weapons/units sold the highest on PSU market and what was the best way to compare prices to avoid undercutting?

Are you planning to revert Majarrus and Jabroga back to powerful PA's or nerf them?
Skype: Noblewine31 ( I had to change it because I forgot my password)
Discord: Noble_wine#8594
My discord channel. PSUHotspot

Midori Oku

Postby Midori Oku » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:39 am

Noblewine wrote:
Mikuru wrote:If you have a quick question about Clementine or PSU in general, that can be simply answered feel free to ask it here! I will edit all of the questions that are asked on to this post so people can see the questions that were asked before asking their own!

What weapons/units sold the highest on PSU market and what was the best way to compare prices to avoid undercutting?

Are you planning to revert Majarrus and Jabroga back to powerful PA's or nerf them?

I would assume they are going to be the same as they were on the online for now. Changes may come later once all that is up and running.

Noblewine

Re: Quick Question? Quick Answer Thread!

Postby Noblewine » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:43 am

I see thanks.

joseleal

Postby joseleal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:04 am

Where can I download the game?

Mikuru

Postby Mikuru » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:06 am

This is the JP PSU:AotI client, the one which was freely distributed by SEGA, when the JP PSU servers were still online.
Downloading this doesn't mean you will have instant access to Clementine. This is just PSU.

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 am

Are you planning to make new hairstyle for both genders?

Mikuru

Postby Mikuru » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:19 am

Noblewine wrote:Are you planning to make new hairstyle for both genders?

There are currently no plans to implement new hair styles. If we do end up getting JP content, there are a ton of hairstyles from there that we will add. You can look at a video of several here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG6_m0UlQvg

JellyDrivex64

Postby JellyDrivex64 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:41 am

I've downloaded the game and installed it, but for some reason it crashes on start-up, and in the options menu its only in question marks... Have you had the same problem or did I just do something wrong?

(Sorry if I put this in the wrong place or should not talk about this)

Return to “Discussion”