Item Drops

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.

Would you like Clementine to have community defined drops?

[YES!] And I think I can help!
60%
[YES!] But I won't be able to help.
35%
[NO!] 1:1 or nothing! Don't touch anything! Omgosh boringpsuisbestpsu!
5%

Total votes: 62

TMUnreal

Re: Item Drops

Postby TMUnreal » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:09 am

I would LOVE to help, as I love stuff like that. I'm not sure where to start but I believe that the whole boards/materials things needs to be simplified. I don't like the idea of low level boards, and I feel like pretty much every character should have a pretty quick run up to the levels they'd need to use "rare" items. I'd like to see board and mat drops only exist for 9-star and higher items, and have them drop earlier enough that people who decide to do boards and mats don't feel too cheated. I'd like to see real item drops as well for almost everything boards drop for, with the only difference that it's easier to get higher elemental percentages through crafting. Also for boards to not be consumed until they actually make something, but materials to be consumed. I'd like to see possibly exchange materials and missions for a few rare weapons/armors and clothing pieces per planet, specific to their owned makers. I've got a few ideas about drops, is the table just a rolling situation?
"Always up or down for it."

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:57 pm

TMUnreal wrote: I've got a few ideas about drops, is the table just a rolling situation?

Rolling situation? I'm not sure what you mean '^'

Anyway, drops are still basically 100% up in the air. I've had two people come forward to help and... not sure where that's going, but enemy specific drops are currently being sorted through. We set up a channel on our Discord so those of us working on it can discuss more easiily during edits. If you'd like to join in then go ahead and throw me a PM with your Discord name and #.
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

TMUnreal

Postby TMUnreal » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Marmalade wrote:
TMUnreal wrote: I've got a few ideas about drops, is the table just a rolling situation?

Rolling situation? I'm not sure what you mean '^'

Anyway, drops are still basically 100% up in the air. I've had two people come forward to help and... not sure where that's going, but enemy specific drops are currently being sorted through. We set up a channel on our Discord so those of us working on it can discuss more easiily during edits. If you'd like to join in then go ahead and throw me a PM with your Discord name and #.

I mean is the table just a sheet with 100 slots and each slot is an item link and the game just RANDs a number and picks whichever slot it is? Probably basically that.

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:17 pm

TMUnreal wrote:I mean is the table just a sheet with 100 slots and each slot is an item link and the game just RANDs a number and picks whichever slot it is? Probably basically that.

Aha! Yeah, It depends what the drop type is, kind of. As a pretty terrible example:
Enemy and Area (And box, but forget about those for now) drops will be one roll between 0 and 50000 (normally, we could change it), and a list of however many items.
If you had a list of 3 items, say, Trimate, Dimate, and Monomate, and the drop rates were 1000, 8000, 23000 respectively,
it would work out as Trimate being 1000, Dimate 7000 and Monomate 15000 out of 50000.

Essentially, roll < 1000 else < 8000 else < 23000 else fail/area drop

Boxes work the same way but they're limited to 3 items, and they're also going to be a major pain in the ass so we'll worry about Enemy and Area bound drops for now.
Thank you, Seras! c:

TMUnreal

Postby TMUnreal » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Marmalade wrote:
Aha! Yeah, It depends what the drop type is, kind of. As a pretty terrible example:
Enemy and Area (And box, but forget about those for now) drops will be one roll between 0 and 50000 (normally, we could change it), and a list of however many items.
If you had a list of 3 items, say, Trimate, Dimate, and Monomate, and the drop rates were 1000, 8000, 23000 respectively,
it would work out as Trimate being 1000, Dimate 7000 and Monomate 15000 out of 50000.

Essentially, roll < 1000 else < 8000 else < 23000 else fail/area drop

Boxes work the same way but they're limited to 3 items, and they're also going to be a major pain in the ass so we'll worry about Enemy and Area bound drops for now.

What do you mean limited to three items? I guess that makes sense when you consider there are three types of boxes per area, so that's 9 total. But you can't make each item a reference to a second table? So for enemies and area drops(what would drop an area drop?) Can you define a value larger than say 50000 and can you define a list of as many items as you want basically?

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:22 pm

TMUnreal wrote:What do you mean limited to three items? I guess that makes sense when you consider there are three types of boxes per area, so that's 9 total. But you can't make each item a reference to a second table?

The way boxes work is that they point into a list of tiers (C, B, A, S, etc) which has a list of a set of items, each set has 3 items or less. These pointers are pretty much baked into the boxes already and it's not likely to be changed, we're likely to rebuild a drop table for boxes around their existing pointers. There are well over 60,000 boxes in PSU, no one is going to update them all by hand when there are only 72-something list entries. I already have a list of broken pointers and missions which contain said box, so it will just be a matter of looking, figuring out what that box might drop, and it will fix all of the boxes which use that entry.
But don't worry about boxes for now, those will definitely be the last thing and are likely to be material bound.

TMUnreal wrote: So for enemies and area drops(what would drop an area drop?) Can you define a value larger than say 50000 and can you define a list of as many items as you want basically?

For Enemy and Area drops the maximum roll can be any number, but I don't see much reason to raise it above 50000. There's enough space there to fit a handful of item drops! We can also put as many items as wanted. The way it will work for Enemy and Area drops is that there will be a set of items within a level range, say, 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, etc (those ranges can also be personally defined).

Typically there will be a list of specific items to an enemy and a chance to drop them. If the roll fails on enemy drops then it will roll for an area drop (if defined) instead, which is a list of items specific to that mission. If that succeeds, great, yummy items! otherwise no drops or maybe Meseta.

Meseta and Consumable items are going to be independent just to save on the clutter so that already frees up a lot of room on the drop table, since a lot of entries were just copy & pasta.

Essentially we have a lot of control over how Enemy and Area drops work.
Thank you, Seras! c:

Brendson

Postby Brendson » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:27 am

I Answered [YES!] But I won't be able to help.

What I wish I could have answered is Yes, But I won't be able to help, only do it if it's not more hassle or stress on top of everything else, and dear God please don't listen to the bad suggestions.
Brendson | Rpn | Bulleh | Lynx
Twitter - YouTube - Twitch

Jonesy88

Postby Jonesy88 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:39 pm

Hello. If help is still needed I would be more than happy to help with the drops. Familiar with PSU and psupedia. Played PSU on both the US server and JP server. Thanks for all the effort and time invested in what is being done here.

Jonesy
bobbyjones1515@gmail.com- If you need to contact me.

Currently playing PSOBB till PSUC is up. GIGGIDY

Parallaxed

Postby Parallaxed » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Let me help, I'm a loser! ♥

WallStreetWalker

Postby WallStreetWalker » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:11 am

Return to “Discussion”