The Meseta Sink Discussion

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Zypherfier
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:19 am

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Zypherfier » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:51 pm

Miyoko wrote:
Zypherfier wrote:Indeed. I was on the Xbox servers, personally, but this is a lot different from them. :lol:

At least for me, I just pick everything up that I find and sell it. Since I solo a lot at this point, I get all the drops so I suppose it's a bit easier to make money that way. And this is doesn't have anything to do with this topic, but would you happen to have also gone by the same name on PSOw? I believe we might have actually talked a few times in the past.


I've been playing only co-op which means less money. Not sure how much less. That being said, if you're using sellables as a means to get money, how will that change things when boards are re-implemented? ... Or WILL they be?

And yes, that's me! I use this name everywhere I go. Yours definitely looks familiar, too!


It's hard to say, really. Right now it's not really a concern because even before getting boards and crafting working, they have to get rooms working. And they've already said repeatedly that rooms are a mess so it's somewhat unlikely they'll be added in anytime soon. Generally speaking, though, it'll be easier to get money as you level, just as you said. Between larger mission rewards on higher difficulties to being able to clear missions more quickly, that'll be the best way for a while, me thinks. Ranger'll probably be the hardest to get money on though. Of the three, I feel like Range has it hardest because of how reliant they are on Photon Charges and a set ammo amount. Forces have plenty of options for hitting multiple targets with higher damage, and Melee is melee and is at least able to attack without using energy. Range has always been this weird middle ground where their output isn't stellar while also having a certain degree of inflexibility. At least that's how I've always felt about them, anyway. Still love it, though. xD

And I figured it was you! I don't see that name a whole lot and your mannerisms struck me as familiar. I go by Enforcer MkV on PSOw. Man, it's been....something around 4 years since we last spoke, I think. It's good to see you're still around. :D

Miyoko
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:25 am

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Miyoko » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:11 am

Zypherfier wrote:It's hard to say, really. Right now it's not really a concern because even before getting boards and crafting working, they have to get rooms working. And they've already said repeatedly that rooms are a mess so it's somewhat unlikely they'll be added in anytime soon. Generally speaking, though, it'll be easier to get money as you level, just as you said. Between larger mission rewards on higher difficulties to being able to clear missions more quickly, that'll be the best way for a while, me thinks. Ranger'll probably be the hardest to get money on though. Of the three, I feel like Range has it hardest because of how reliant they are on Photon Charges and a set ammo amount. Forces have plenty of options for hitting multiple targets with higher damage, and Melee is melee and is at least able to attack without using energy. Range has always been this weird middle ground where their output isn't stellar while also having a certain degree of inflexibility. At least that's how I've always felt about them, anyway. Still love it, though. xD

And I figured it was you! I don't see that name a whole lot and your mannerisms struck me as familiar. I go by Enforcer MkV on PSOw. Man, it's been....something around 4 years since we last spoke, I think. It's good to see you're still around. :D


Aha yes, I remember seeing that name in your signature, I believe. It's indeed been a while. Of course I'm around though -- If PSU is there, so will I be. Better than the nonsense that was PSO2!

More on topic though, it's so hard to say if we need more for meseta sinks. I'm not really sure what they had on JP on closure, but eh, I'm a big ol' purist anyways.

Zypherfier
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:19 am

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Zypherfier » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:08 am

Miyoko wrote:Aha yes, I remember seeing that name in your signature, I believe. It's indeed been a while. Of course I'm around though -- If PSU is there, so will I be. Better than the nonsense that was PSO2!

More on topic though, it's so hard to say if we need more for meseta sinks. I'm not really sure what they had on JP on closure, but eh, I'm a big ol' purist anyways.


Definitely agree there.

Either way, I'm not sure we'll need to add additional sinks because the rates at which we accrue Meseta aren't even established yet. So many things can affect that, like the rarity of boards, the rarity of materials, the cost of grinding and other things. The vast majority of which aren't even in the game in any permanent fashion. I do agree with what Midori said, though; any added sinks should be aimed at higher level characters who already have good gear, I don't think it should be additional walls to get to that point. Things like that can be done just fine by tweaking drop rates and other such things.

Rhapsodical
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Rhapsodical » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:03 am

Not sure if it's possible or not but I think a nice meseta sink would be +10 version of weapons if that is possible in a shop. Like have them be some insane prices. 10mil A rank, 30mil S rank.

YOmap
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby YOmap » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:10 am

Rhapsodical wrote:Not sure if it's possible or not but I think a nice meseta sink would be +10 version of weapons if that is possible in a shop. Like have them be some insane prices. 10mil A rank, 30mil S rank.



No....just No. A 10* Srank Rifle may go for 30mil...but a 15* Rifle +10....30mil is a fraction of what that rifle is worth.

Rhapsodical
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Rhapsodical » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:21 am

YOmap wrote:
Rhapsodical wrote:Not sure if it's possible or not but I think a nice meseta sink would be +10 version of weapons if that is possible in a shop. Like have them be some insane prices. 10mil A rank, 30mil S rank.



No....just No. A 10* Srank Rifle may go for 30mil...but a 15* Rifle +10....30mil is a fraction of what that rifle is worth.


I'm still fairly new to the server so I don't know what high level people are making per run. But the idea of offering a superior weapon is the idea for a godly amount of meseta.

User avatar
Jet
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:09 am

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Jet » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:45 am

I find it funny how people value weapons at a price that's more than you can carry on one account. I don't think weapons will be that expensive because by the time this server is done, the total population would be a lot less than it was on the official servers. That means there would be less people adding more money to the game from drops and mission rewards. There will probably not be event missions that drop meseta out the ass either, which was another source of inflation for the game. On the official servers, there was no meseta sink. Everything was dirt-cheap once you got to a point where you were doing S rank missions. Segac put the money sink solution into the player's greedy hands. Got too much meseta? No problem! Just buy someone's weapon that they're selling at a stupidly outrageous and made-up price and you'll be broke in no time!

I suggest that they make a meseta requirement for missions that drop powerful weapons, armor, units, etc... or just high-ranking missions in general. In a game like this, one of the goals to make the game last longer is that stupid chase mentality. They want you to spend so much time acquiring an item. Defiance does it. You want a supreme weapon with the best possible rolls? Then you're gonna be spending a shit ton of money, my dear guy, or you'll be playing for months straight trying to come up with the arkforge acquired from public events.

However, unlike Defiance, the people running this server aren't going to charge people money to get high-end items. So that's why I think they should make a meseta requirement. Let's say a 15* weapon drops in a certain mission. On top of having to be a certain level to be able to access and play the mission, it would also charge you a large amount of meseta too. One way to bypass this requirement is to use a rare mission that you've saved up. With this kind of system, it would encourage more people to group up, which is another issue of everyone playing solo. If you can't afford the requirement, then you'd have to do some runs on a lower difficulty. If you are playing in a group, the price required for the mission would be cheaper depending on how many are in the group. If one person in the group wants to use their rare mission, then it's free for everybody.

I think this system is better than some half-assed one like charging millions for grinders in the shop or for attempting a grind.

YOmap
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby YOmap » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:31 am

Jet wrote:I find it funny how people value weapons at a price that's more than you can carry on one account. I don't think weapons will be that expensive because by the time this server is done, the total population would be a lot less than it was on the official servers. That means there would be less people adding more money to the game from drops and mission rewards. There will probably not be event missions that drop meseta out the ass either, which was another source of inflation for the game. On the official servers, there was no meseta sink. Everything was dirt-cheap once you got to a point where you were doing S rank missions. Segac put the money sink solution into the player's greedy hands. Got too much meseta? No problem! Just buy someone's weapon that they're selling at a stupidly outrageous and made-up price and you'll be broke in no time!

I suggest that they make a meseta requirement for missions that drop powerful weapons, armor, units, etc... or just high-ranking missions in general. In a game like this, one of the goals to make the game last longer is that stupid chase mentality. They want you to spend so much time acquiring an item. Defiance does it. You want a supreme weapon with the best possible rolls? Then you're gonna be spending a shit ton of money, my dear guy, or you'll be playing for months straight trying to come up with the arkforge acquired from public events.

However, unlike Defiance, the people running this server aren't going to charge people money to get high-end items. So that's why I think they should make a meseta requirement. Let's say a 15* weapon drops in a certain mission. On top of having to be a certain level to be able to access and play the mission, it would also charge you a large amount of meseta too. One way to bypass this requirement is to use a rare mission that you've saved up. With this kind of system, it would encourage more people to group up, which is another issue of everyone playing solo. If you can't afford the requirement, then you'd have to do some runs on a lower difficulty. If you are playing in a group, the price required for the mission would be cheaper depending on how many are in the group. If one person in the group wants to use their rare mission, then it's free for everybody.

I think this system is better than some half-assed one like charging millions for grinders in the shop or for attempting a grind.


You realize you can buy gold bars on here? 1 Gold Bar = 10 million and the gold bars stacks to 99. Do the math...

User avatar
Jet
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:09 am

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Jet » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 pm

YOmap wrote:You realize you can buy gold bars on here? 1 Gold Bar = 10 million and the gold bars stacks to 99. Do the math...


Yeah, I do, but that doesn't solve the problem of the overflow of meseta. That's just putting more money into the player's greedy hands so they can charge an even larger and more ridiculous amount of money for something. It's a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

User avatar
Noblewine
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:56 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Noblewine » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:15 am

Would it be a bad idea if players pay to grind their weapons? PSP2 did this and felt like one way to deal with meseta fluctuating the economy. Ignore this if this has already been suggested.
PSU CLEMENTINE!
Noble_wine lv 50 C: M: HU 10 FF lv 8
Rouge lv 56 B: F: HU lv 10 FF lv 5

Discord: Noble_wine#8594


Return to “Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests