The Meseta Sink Discussion

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Souma

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Souma » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:45 pm

I dont know if this could be something or not but what could be a possibility is everyone on the server has to pay an NPC any amount to reach a certain goal, lets say 100m Meseta and if that goal is met then there could be a Drop rate increase weekend for that following weekend or XP boost weekend and so forth just so that is some incentive to pile cash into the system which would ultimately benefit all.

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:25 am

mervil wrote:I dont know if this could be something or not but what could be a possibility is everyone on the server has to pay an NPC any amount to reach a certain goal, lets say 100m Meseta and if that goal is met then there could be a Drop rate increase weekend for that following weekend or XP boost weekend and so forth just so that is some incentive to pile cash into the system which would ultimately benefit all.

Similar to the event incentives? I don't mind but my pet peeve with psu was the inflation that occured with player shops and sega laziness with dealing with the issue. The meseta needs to go somewhere to avoid inflating the economy.
Last edited by Noblewine on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skype: Noblewine31 ( I had to change it because I forgot my password)
Discord: Noble_wine#8594
My discord channel. PSUHotspot

Souma

Postby Souma » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:06 pm

The only other thing that seems viable to me would be making certain aspects of Japanese content cost a lot. Such as in the clothes shop making JP clothes cost a lot more or in the make up shop making certain aspects like hairstyle cost say 100k to change instead of 500 just little things like that.

FloatingShoe

Postby FloatingShoe » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:10 pm

shade wrote:1.1 Grind
In addition to the current grinding system (which, for this, should stay "free"/only require Grinder/〇), you could propose a paid system that guarantee grind (to +8 for exemple).

Instead of having a guaranteed +8 grind, I would say add a grind repair system (Like you mentioned further in this post). I feel this way because if you add Grind Skip +8 (PSO2 Anyone?) I could see that making any S+x grinder that isn't +9 or +10 completely useless and worth no value.

2.2 Hairstyle
You may not only lock the PSPo2(i) hairstyle, but also the AotI ones, and sell "Hairstyle Ticket" that, once used, will unlock randomly one hairstyle for the character played.

I can understand locking the PSP2 / PSP2i hairstyles behind gachas (Despite not liking it myself), however I think locking the AOTI hairstyles behind this is a bit overkill considering how shitty the base hairstyles look. Although if this system really has to be in the final product I would say give one free "AOTI Hairstyle Ticket" to the player upon creating a new character that cannot be transferred whatsoever either it being trading to another player or putting it into storage for another character to use. Now my alternative to this would be having the hairstyles priced at different amounts based upon the genre of hairstyle. (Keep in mind you will still get the free "AOTI Hairstyle Ticket" upon making your character, due to this the prices can be a little more insane to a degree.)
The prices can change, but this is something I came up with real quick as an example:
Basic: 50k
Aoti: 250k
PSP2/i: 500k

Souma

Postby Souma » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Locking the Base EU AOTI hairstyles etc behind massive meseta gaps would be silly considering we are running on the AOTI client so it makes more sense to make the JP content that most people didnt experience anyway cost a lot more than the normal ones.

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:04 pm

mervil wrote:The only other thing that seems viable to me would be making certain aspects of Japanese content cost a lot. Such as in the clothes shop making JP clothes cost a lot more or in the make up shop making certain aspects like hairstyle cost say 100k to change instead of 500 just little things like that.

As long as we keep real money off of this game I think that will be fine. My other concern is avoiding making certain syth materials and rare weapons easy to procure.

Souma

Postby Souma » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 pm

As long as we keep real money off of this game I think that will be fine. My other concern is avoiding making certain syth materials and rare weapons easy to procure.[/quote]

Id say if we did the Boosted weekends idea it would have to be put aside from say S class weapons like agito repca and such because otherwise they would hold no value in comparison

But I highly doubt real world cash market would come into this at an early stage.

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Maybe, if we did that people would play the game more but that might hurt things. Balancing when to have events might help.

Souma

Postby Souma » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:41 pm

I think for example we get one week to gather say 250m Meseta or say 10k of a certain item and then trade them in and it goes into a total tally then the next weekend it would be tallied up and then start on that following weekend. Because then at least that way there is at least a one week break. But you could give them 2 or even 3 weeks and then start on the 3 or 4th weekend. Its just a matter of being able to implement an NPC that is capable of taking the meseta or item for nothing in return.

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:28 am

I see who will take the money Mina from Guardian Colony?

Return to “Discussion”