The Meseta Sink Discussion

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Online
Sakarisei
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Sakarisei » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:14 am

Well guys, I've made a topic for GAS, even that system wouldn't be added later. Just that thing is for avoiding flooding this topic with GAS' posts, and since there are some people interested to talk about that topic, I think we can do it in a different topic :)

User avatar
Noblewine
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:56 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Noblewine » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:18 pm

shade wrote:You meant to charge people for grinding their weapons ?


Yeah what do you think? I didn't mind it however psp1 and psp2 the chances of failing was slim and happened to me randomly. When I failed the notice was hard to tell since the digit never changed but went up instead of down (i.e failed grind caused it to increase to 8/10 instead of going down)

I dunno about GAS because I didn't get to experiment with it to be honest so I don't have an opinion. I assume the GAS update was brought up because he preferred spending meseta instead of normal way.
PSU CLEMENTINE!
Noble_wine lv 50 C: M: HU 10 FF lv 8
Rouge lv 56 B: F: HU lv 10 FF lv 5

Discord: Noble_wine#8594

shade
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:16 pm
Contact:

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby shade » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:36 am

About the grind in the Phantasy Star Portable games, it isn't supposed to fail (random increase in PSPo1 & JP PSPo2, fixed increase in US/UE PSPo2 and PSPo2i). You may have encountered a bug in PSPo1, and it wouldn't be a big surprise because this game contains lot of bugs, but for PSPo2, I'm more sceptical.

And for what concerns the grinding fee, I don't really have an opinion on it because I don't really care. It really depends on how people consider grind : should it be free of charge and only require the usage of grinder ? Weapons could break (and how : return to zero or not ? Lose a max grind level or not ?) ? Does the grinding success should be guaranteed ?

What I proposed is to keep the "default" grininding system how it was on AotI and to transform the GC services into Mesetas services. For sure, it'd be a good meseta sink, but I don't know if it would be a good system for players. That would depend on the "traditional" grinding success rates, on ([B])grinder droprate (or price in shop), and how the service could be billed. But I think it would be profitable to casual gamers who would be able grind their weapons without spending mesetas, or a reasonable amount, when it'd be possible for more invested gamers to get their 10/10 by spending (a lot of) more mesetas (especially if for high ranked weapons there's a very high price plan).
ぐぇぐぇ。ぼよよん。

User avatar
Aelphasy
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:57 am

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Aelphasy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:26 pm

An idea that I post here, probably nothing good but was floating in my mind :

The merchants could sell a box for, let say for the exemple 100k, giving to the player a random crafting contents.

To make thing more elaborated : I want X to craft my sword, and its 1/200 in that mission to obtain X. But waaaaaaaaaaaah im a nolife and I have a ton of money and this merchant sell a box that can give X for 1/180.

I do not know enough about the endgame whether it actually will useful, but the idea is to have "one more chance" for the bigger players to get what they want a little faster, and avoiding inflation.
Until the end.

User avatar
Noblewine
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:56 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Noblewine » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:44 am

Aelphasy wrote:An idea that I post here, probably nothing good but was floating in my mind :

The merchants could sell a box for, let say for the exemple 100k, giving to the player a random crafting contents.

To make thing more elaborated : I want X to craft my sword, and its 1/200 in that mission to obtain X. But waaaaaaaaaaaah im a nolife and I have a ton of money and this merchant sell a box that can give X for 1/180.

I do not know enough about the endgame whether it actually will useful, but the idea is to have "one more chance" for the bigger players to get what they want a little faster, and avoiding inflation.


Question! Do you mean with real money or in game currency?
PSU CLEMENTINE!
Noble_wine lv 50 C: M: HU 10 FF lv 8
Rouge lv 56 B: F: HU lv 10 FF lv 5

Discord: Noble_wine#8594

User avatar
Aelphasy
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:57 am

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Aelphasy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:12 am

Noblewine wrote:
Aelphasy wrote:An idea that I post here, probably nothing good but was floating in my mind :

The merchants could sell a box for, let say for the exemple 100k, giving to the player a random crafting contents.

To make thing more elaborated : I want X to craft my sword, and its 1/200 in that mission to obtain X. But waaaaaaaaaaaah im a nolife and I have a ton of money and this merchant sell a box that can give X for 1/180.

I do not know enough about the endgame whether it actually will useful, but the idea is to have "one more chance" for the bigger players to get what they want a little faster, and avoiding inflation.


Question! Do you mean with real money or in game currency?



Your question seems like you dont get it. And, no offense, but I dont get what you dont get. Subject is "Meseta sink discussion", and somewhere in my post I talked about "avoiding inflation".

Do you think use real money on PSUC will avoid IRL inflation ?

Spoiler:
I mean with meseta.
Until the end.

User avatar
Noblewine
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:56 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Noblewine » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:27 pm

I had a momentary brain fart alph. Sue me. lol

I like the idea, if it fixes things and helps deter inflation.
PSU CLEMENTINE!
Noble_wine lv 50 C: M: HU 10 FF lv 8
Rouge lv 56 B: F: HU lv 10 FF lv 5

Discord: Noble_wine#8594

User avatar
Aelphasy
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:57 am

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Aelphasy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:51 pm

It's been a year since we 've known, a year since you have "momentary brain fart" it start to be long, but in my heart, you are still mon gars sûr, le gars avec qui on aime passer du bon temps.

See you later 8-) 8-)
Until the end.

User avatar
Noblewine
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:56 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Noblewine » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:24 am

Aelphasy wrote:It's been a year since we 've known, a year since you have "momentary brain fart" it start to be long, but in my heart, you are still mon gars sûr, le gars avec qui on aime passer du bon temps.

See you later 8-) 8-)



Well put. 0/
PSU CLEMENTINE!
Noble_wine lv 50 C: M: HU 10 FF lv 8
Rouge lv 56 B: F: HU lv 10 FF lv 5

Discord: Noble_wine#8594

User avatar
Souma
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Souma » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:45 pm

I dont know if this could be something or not but what could be a possibility is everyone on the server has to pay an NPC any amount to reach a certain goal, lets say 100m Meseta and if that goal is met then there could be a Drop rate increase weekend for that following weekend or XP boost weekend and so forth just so that is some incentive to pile cash into the system which would ultimately benefit all.


Return to “Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest