The Meseta Sink Discussion

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Noblewine

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Noblewine » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:55 pm

That's fair about rare maps. I dunno about the GAS thing. What about spending money on increase ATP/PP on weapons like what Psp1 and psp2 did?
Skype: Noblewine31 ( I had to change it because I forgot my password)
Discord: Noble_wine#8594
My discord channel. PSUHotspot

Seority

Postby Seority » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:46 am

Noblewine wrote:That's fair about rare maps. I dunno about the GAS thing. What about spending money on increase ATP/PP on weapons like what Psp1 and psp2 did?

I'm not certain if the GAS system will be implemented, but if it was, it would not use IRL currency. That's not what this server is about.
"What is life, but not something to be treasured?"

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:54 am

Seority wrote:
Noblewine wrote:That's fair about rare maps. I dunno about the GAS thing. What about spending money on increase ATP/PP on weapons like what Psp1 and psp2 did?

I'm not certain if the GAS system will be implemented, but if it was, it would not use IRL currency. That's not what this server is about.

Not seeing GAS implemented? Are you sure you're not confusing GAS with GC content?
GAS: http://psupedia.info/GAS.html
GC: http://psupedia.info/GUARDIANS_Cash_missions.html
GAM: http://psupedia.info/GUARDIANS_advanced_missions.html

I do hope we get to see GAS and GAM on clementine!

Seority

Postby Seority » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:34 am

Ricewind wrote:Not seeing GAS implemented? Are you sure you're not confusing GAS with GC content?

I guess I did Ricewind. Noblewine's post confused me. My main point was that there will be no IRL currency interaction on the server.
"What is life, but not something to be treasured?"

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:22 am

That's a relief to hear that, thanks. GAS and GAM both bring a lot of extra content to the game.

shade

Postby shade » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:27 am

Noblewine wrote:What about spending money on increase ATP/PP on weapons like what Psp1 and psp2 did?
You meant to charge people for grinding their weapons ?

And about GAS/GAM, from what have been discussed, it may not be added. Not really a big loss.
ぐぇぐぇ。ぼよよん。

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:14 pm

shade wrote:
Noblewine wrote:What about spending money on increase ATP/PP on weapons like what Psp1 and psp2 did?

And about GAS/GAM, from what have been discussed, it may not be added. Not really a big loss.

GAS added a lot of extra potential to your character. It also took quite a long time to obtain the ability limit. I wouldn't consider a reasonable extend to game-play "not a big loss".
As for GAM, it added a fair amount of new items , and the mission restrictions were a lot of fun.

I hope these both DO get added.

Sakarisei

Postby Sakarisei » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Ricewind wrote:
shade wrote:

GAS added a lot of extra potential to your character. It also took quite a long time to obtain the ability limit. I wouldn't consider a reasonable extend to game-play "not a big loss".
As for GAM, it added a fair amount of new items , and the mission restrictions were a lot of fun.

I hope these both DO get added.

For Forte, Acro and Master classes... I agree, but not for hybrids, since those classes had got many headaches to custom for their right purposes, making... for example, FI and WT with lvl 50 melee and then lvl 32 in ranged/techs, making those classes more a Forte class than a hybrid. Believe me, many people had got many issues while trying to improving hybrids. I don't think you'll want to see unbalanced hybrids, or not at least at the end of the game.

shade

Postby shade » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:16 pm

GAM drops, it's like the GC mish' drop, they can be dispatched on other missions. So to don't have them doesn't mean their original drops are lost.

I agree the Sacred Stream/R was fun good mission, with its "random" restrictions and sealed stones that had different locations depending the current date (there was one pattern for the odd-numbered days, one other for the even-numberred days).

Protectors ε' was ok, but I prefered the original one. Though it was a GC mission, The Eternal Cycle was better than World of Illusion/R. And Ohtori Encampment wasn't that good, only interesting for its drops and AMP rewards. The rest was shitty imo.

GAM was a good idea, but killed by the GAS (lol) and the game mechanics (AMP level, the different character restriction per level, the fact your equiped equipement isn't saved, etc... For this, FFXIV:ARR did a better job with the level sync and the hard cap that are effectives on EVERY missions, not only on some special /R mish').

GAS was a joke. It was supposed to be about char. customisation, in reality it only increase inegality between Master/Accro Type and the rest. And if you didn't wanted to follow some "recommendations", you simply were more facked. And I don't even want to mention the "Full Custom Power"...
ぐぇぐぇ。ぼよよん。

Blade Takehiko

Postby Blade Takehiko » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:38 am

shade wrote:GAM drops, it's like the GC mish' drop, they can be dispatched on other missions. So to don't have them doesn't mean their original drops are lost.

I agree the Sacred Stream/R was fun good mission, with its "random" restrictions and sealed stones that had different locations depending the current date (there was one pattern for the odd-numbered days, one other for the even-numberred days).

Protectors ε' was ok, but I prefered the original one. Though it was a GC mission, The Eternal Cycle was better than World of Illusion/R. And Ohtori Encampment wasn't that good, only interesting for its drops and AMP rewards. The rest was shitty imo.

GAM was a good idea, but killed by the GAS (lol) and the game mechanics (AMP level, the different character restriction per level, the fact your equiped equipement isn't saved, etc... For this, FFXIV:ARR did a better job with the level sync and the hard cap that are effectives on EVERY missions, not only on some special /R mish').

GAS was a joke. It was supposed to be about char. customisation, in reality it only increase inegality between Master/Accro Type and the rest. And if you didn't wanted to follow some "recommendations", you simply were more facked. And I don't even want to mention the "Full Custom Power"...

The GAS system was a bit broken, But it can be reworked and is a system I really liked and really wish was kept.
JS some of those things i kinda depended on, like ATA for beasts. ATP for newmans.. ect. but i'm sure that stuff could've been adjusted to be added by default. Not everything needs to be kept, and there could be even better abilities like hit count for PAs on specific weapons increased by 1 or something. i dunno, just feels like getting rid of the system entirely doesnt feel like a proper choice. if it wasn't there, it'd make endgame feel less .. appealing, since i'm not working towards stats and abilities all the time, i'm working towards getting only weapons and armor at that point, and what... time attacks? those don't hold enough meaning imo.
The blade that once cut the wings of a devil.
Kento Twilight Beast lvl1 Fighgunner[Clementine]
Argus Kelgron Beast lvl1 Masterforce[Clementine]
Roland Beast lvl1 Acrofighter[Clementine]
None lvl???? Demigod[Unknown?]

Return to “Discussion”