The Meseta Sink Discussion

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Zypherfier

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Zypherfier » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:51 pm

Miyoko wrote:
Zypherfier wrote:Indeed. I was on the Xbox servers, personally, but this is a lot different from them. :lol:

At least for me, I just pick everything up that I find and sell it. Since I solo a lot at this point, I get all the drops so I suppose it's a bit easier to make money that way. And this is doesn't have anything to do with this topic, but would you happen to have also gone by the same name on PSOw? I believe we might have actually talked a few times in the past.

I've been playing only co-op which means less money. Not sure how much less. That being said, if you're using sellables as a means to get money, how will that change things when boards are re-implemented? ... Or WILL they be?

And yes, that's me! I use this name everywhere I go. Yours definitely looks familiar, too!

It's hard to say, really. Right now it's not really a concern because even before getting boards and crafting working, they have to get rooms working. And they've already said repeatedly that rooms are a mess so it's somewhat unlikely they'll be added in anytime soon. Generally speaking, though, it'll be easier to get money as you level, just as you said. Between larger mission rewards on higher difficulties to being able to clear missions more quickly, that'll be the best way for a while, me thinks. Ranger'll probably be the hardest to get money on though. Of the three, I feel like Range has it hardest because of how reliant they are on Photon Charges and a set ammo amount. Forces have plenty of options for hitting multiple targets with higher damage, and Melee is melee and is at least able to attack without using energy. Range has always been this weird middle ground where their output isn't stellar while also having a certain degree of inflexibility. At least that's how I've always felt about them, anyway. Still love it, though. xD

And I figured it was you! I don't see that name a whole lot and your mannerisms struck me as familiar. I go by Enforcer MkV on PSOw. Man, it's been....something around 4 years since we last spoke, I think. It's good to see you're still around. :D

Miyoko

Postby Miyoko » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:11 am

Zypherfier wrote:It's hard to say, really. Right now it's not really a concern because even before getting boards and crafting working, they have to get rooms working. And they've already said repeatedly that rooms are a mess so it's somewhat unlikely they'll be added in anytime soon. Generally speaking, though, it'll be easier to get money as you level, just as you said. Between larger mission rewards on higher difficulties to being able to clear missions more quickly, that'll be the best way for a while, me thinks. Ranger'll probably be the hardest to get money on though. Of the three, I feel like Range has it hardest because of how reliant they are on Photon Charges and a set ammo amount. Forces have plenty of options for hitting multiple targets with higher damage, and Melee is melee and is at least able to attack without using energy. Range has always been this weird middle ground where their output isn't stellar while also having a certain degree of inflexibility. At least that's how I've always felt about them, anyway. Still love it, though. xD

And I figured it was you! I don't see that name a whole lot and your mannerisms struck me as familiar. I go by Enforcer MkV on PSOw. Man, it's been....something around 4 years since we last spoke, I think. It's good to see you're still around. :D

Aha yes, I remember seeing that name in your signature, I believe. It's indeed been a while. Of course I'm around though -- If PSU is there, so will I be. Better than the nonsense that was PSO2!

More on topic though, it's so hard to say if we need more for meseta sinks. I'm not really sure what they had on JP on closure, but eh, I'm a big ol' purist anyways.

Zypherfier

Postby Zypherfier » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:08 am

Miyoko wrote:Aha yes, I remember seeing that name in your signature, I believe. It's indeed been a while. Of course I'm around though -- If PSU is there, so will I be. Better than the nonsense that was PSO2!

More on topic though, it's so hard to say if we need more for meseta sinks. I'm not really sure what they had on JP on closure, but eh, I'm a big ol' purist anyways.

Definitely agree there.

Either way, I'm not sure we'll need to add additional sinks because the rates at which we accrue Meseta aren't even established yet. So many things can affect that, like the rarity of boards, the rarity of materials, the cost of grinding and other things. The vast majority of which aren't even in the game in any permanent fashion. I do agree with what Midori said, though; any added sinks should be aimed at higher level characters who already have good gear, I don't think it should be additional walls to get to that point. Things like that can be done just fine by tweaking drop rates and other such things.

Return to “Discussion”