The Meseta Sink Discussion

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Blade Takehiko

The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Blade Takehiko » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:40 pm

The purpose of this post is for everyone to list their idea about a proper way to implement a grind sink to avoid extreme inflation on the clementine server like the official servers did. Please list whatever idea you may have that could potentially help the server in future development.
Thank you, and May the Holy Light guide you!
The blade that once cut the wings of a devil.
Kento Twilight Beast lvl1 Fighgunner[Clementine]
Argus Kelgron Beast lvl1 Masterforce[Clementine]
Roland Beast lvl1 Acrofighter[Clementine]
None lvl???? Demigod[Unknown?]

Seority

Re: The Meseta Sink Discussion

Postby Seority » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:57 am

• Grinding
  • Synthesizing
  • Fast Travel
  • PP Recharge
  • Consumables
  • Appearance Change
  • Clothing

Maybe we can put charges on certain missions for increased rare drops/exp rates? Like make it 10k to do a rare mission? Just a thought. But the more meseta sinks we have, the better. We need small and large charges. (Ex: small=fast travel, large=grinding)
"What is life, but not something to be treasured?"

Sakarisei

Postby Sakarisei » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:14 am

If you want to put a meseta sink in synthesis, especially for Seority, do you have plans to increase the success rate for 1-12*? Yeah, I can understand that synthing 13-15* will be hard since some of them contains special effects like PA damage bonus, additional hit or SE inhereted. However, one of the things that I hated from synthesis is even you, with lvl 100 in striking/ranged/tech/armor, for example, A-Rank has got a very low rate (for getting that lvl in your PM) in comparision of certain S-Rank, although those boards were rare... very rare...

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:22 am

I remember (from the PSUPedia) that JP had missions you had to pay for with GUARDIANS cash (or something like that). Perhaps you can run these missions of you pay meseta instead? (But a fairly large sum due to the insanely high exp and drop rates and OP gear)

Blade Takehiko

Postby Blade Takehiko » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:38 am

Lumilass can possibly be adjusted to cost more money, Reducing the prices you can NPC a weapon / armor can also be an option. I remember being able to sell certain A ranks~ S ranks for like 10~80k.
It's where most of my profit came from if it wasn't selling those items on market making around 10mil~20mil a day just from those. It's sad i never brought premium cause i had no uses for money at all on JP.. so it just.. accumulated.
And I agree on clothing, honestly, we all know we love to customize the look of our character, cosmetics were always a highly favored thing that was fairly inexpensive except for items like guardians formal and illuminus coat, ect.
You could also make crafting items cost a specific amount of meseta depending on rarity.

selius

Postby selius » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:33 am

the ability to pay an extremely large sum of money to fix a 9/9 grind is probably the best way.

just for sheer number of 9/9 or 8/8 grinds you will end up with. makes 10/10 a hard earned experience and takes large sums of money out of economy

shade

Postby shade » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:32 pm

GC was a good Real Money sink, it may work well for haxetas too.

1. Item Enhancement

If you plan to keep the grinding system in a similar form to what we know (which I hate and don't give a shit)...

1.1 Grind
In addition to the current grinding system (which, for this, should stay "free"/only require Grinder/〇), you could propose a paid system that guarantee grind (to +8 for exemple).

1.2 Weapon repair
You may also propose to pay to repair a "broken" weapon :
x/x→x/x+1 (with x≦9)

1.3 Attribute modification
It might be possible to let us pay to do the following operation on armor and mêlée weapon :
- remove element
- change element on non netral item (and keeping the %)
- increase the % (up to a certain limit to don't render the synth. useless ; 40% ?)

For all of these things, unlike SEGA did (because it involved real money), prices would be calculated on the operation and item rank or rarity (depending if you want 4 or 15 price lists per operation).

2. Esthe

2.1 Proportion editing
If it's a function you can restore on Lumilass, you may price it hight.

2.2 Hairstyle
You may not only lock the PSPo2(i) hairstyle, but also the AotI ones, and sell "Hairstyle Ticket" that, once used, will unlock randomly one hairstyle for the character played.

3. Outfit
Vanilla and AotI outfit (excepted the special outfits like the Rappy Suit, the Mikumiko Set, etc... that may be available as event reward, on item exchange mission, etc..) should be available on shop for cheap.

All Sup' Up' outfit could be available on gatcha. I thought of two kinds of gatcha, that only include outfit/parts (10~12) :
- a "classical" gatcha : you pay a certain amount to get randomly one outfit in one color variation (if it isn't a cast parts)
- an overpriced gatcha, where you can at least choose the outfit you want to get (but not the C.V.) ; something like 15 times the normal price.
As player, I wouldn't like to don't be able to choose the C.V., but if you allow this, it will kill Player's Shop.

You may also think on how to recycle the remaining generated clothes that no one want, but it shouldn't be like it's on PSO2 (which is only good from a financial point of view ; game design side, it's a terrible idea that creates an unwelcome inflation). Maybe, in exchange of 3 or 5 similar clothes, you may be able to try to generate a new one (to get a more wanted C.V.).

Anyway, you'd also provide frequent rotations : to have to wait 1+ year just to see an outfit return isn't a great idea...

4. Player Shop
Establish a tax on the player transaction ? (5% ?)

5. Synthesizing
Sell more synthesis materials ?

6. Omikuji
In addition to the 100/1k/10k omikuji, add a 4th one (100k) that grants more chance to get the 3★ luck ?

7. Event "Fundraising"
Organise a sort of event with secret panels and all, based on player's donnations.

8. Boost ticket
A terrible idea imho. But it's an idea.

9. GC Mission
Because it won't require real money to play them, I don't think it'd be a good idea to keep them as they were (though I'd like to see them back in any form 'cause they were fun). And GC missions have concentrated to much items (117 weapons, 1 shield line, 1 unit ; and there were unreleased weapons...) I'd like to see allocated on other missions as incentive.

10. Training Mission
I don't really like to level char. In fact, I wouldn't be against to drop the level system (and I'm for less mission difficulty ranks, but more "interesting" ones)...
Anyway... Why to don't re-introduce the training mission "Stars Camp" as paid mission with some limitations (like only 1 run per day) to make easier/less boring the grinding of our alt ?

11. Announcement
Not a big fan of this, except in particular occasions (like the New Year Event and its "radio") ; but maybe you can sell the right to post public announcement (by using the in-game banner) ?
ぐぇぐぇ。ぼよよん。

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:29 pm

I recall events had rewards if you accumulate enough points. The rewards reduced the price of clothing and etc so that's kinda pointless. What I think we should do is find a way to spend the money. A suggestion that was made in a different thread was spending money to do Rare Maps. What do you think?
PSU CLEMENTINE!
Noble_wine lv 50 C: M: HU 10 FF lv 8
Rouge lv 56 B: F: HU lv 10 FF lv 5

Discord: Noble_wine#8594

shade

Postby shade » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:41 pm

The events rewards did only reduced the price of outfits sold in shops, not the GC ones (though the man gachan available from 2012/05/10 to 2012/06/07 was 50% off). It'd be possible to exclude the Sup' Up outfits of an upcoming special offer of the same kind, or at least to lower the rebate on the meseta gachan (it'd stay a meseta sink).

Same remark for the esthe : on official server, when esthe was free, hairstyle and body style tickets were excluded...

And I don't like the idea to spend money to do Rare Free Mission : they wouldn't be rare and/or free anymore. Also, it would offer an excessive boost, and devalue some drops (but I don't mind of this).
ぐぇぐぇ。ぼよよん。

Blade Takehiko

Postby Blade Takehiko » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Noblewine wrote:I recall events had rewards if you accumulate enough points. The rewards reduced the price of clothing and etc so that's kinda pointless. What I think we should do is find a way to spend the money. A suggestion that was made in a different thread was spending money to do Rare Maps. What do you think?

Rare missions hold some of the best item's in the game, making them a paid option ruins the purpose of it being rare.
It would be like pay 2 win without using IRL money for meseta. Now, what can be done is spending money in order to do the rare mission that you've obtained, but even this is a bit unfair.

Maybe if the gas system was reimplemented, GAS Missions could be to used to acquire EXP from lvl 180-> 200. For example, making it an ability to boost player lvl by 5, with a cap of 20 using AP. (Ability Lv 1->4) However, making people pay for GAS missions. On the Official servers you could earn AEXP if you were at lvl cap by killing whatever, making it possible to get AP.
without running GAS missions. However, if this system was reimplemented you could stop the flow of earning AEXP from lvl cap by killing enemies and making this AEXP only obtainable through GAS missions. There are a lot of things you can do with the GAS system, so unless a player wants to get better and obtain these abilities, They're forced to spend money and run these missions.

Return to “Discussion”