Race Change Discussion

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Seority

Re: Race Change Discussion

Postby Seority » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Midori Oku wrote:Edit: As for Humans not being used on JP, that is about as far from the truth that you can get. If I'm not mistaken they were actually the 2nd most used race. There was a website that had the percentages of the races and genders used before JP PSU closed, but I can't find it.

Ah, I must've heard incorrectly then. My appologies.
"What is life, but not something to be treasured?"

Miyoko

Postby Miyoko » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:02 am

Midori Oku wrote:At this point there is really no point in changing the races since we have Japanese content. Humans and Newmans will have specials, and Nanoblasts will be updated to what they were before JP PSU closed.

Edit: As for Humans not being used on JP, that is about as far from the truth that you can get. If I'm not mistaken they were actually the 2nd most used race. There was a website that had the percentages of the races and genders used before JP PSU closed, but I can't find it.

I'm happy to hear this. We shouldn't be sticking our fingers in the game that much. The designers of the game spent a lot more time working on the game than we did, so they know it a lot better than we do (although community can offer insight and feedback!). As I mentioned in another thread, we all like to think we're game designers, and that we know a lot, but we don't. If I asked "Why does Catacombs have the best level design in Dark Souls?", most people would think I'm insane. Heck, I don't even think most "gamers" could explain why Mega Man X has such good level design.

That all being said, I REALLY need to look into what all exactly they DID have at the end of PSU's life cycle in Japan. It's been so long, I can't remember. Part of me feels like they really nailed it and got things down well, but another part of me wonders if they just kept painting coats of paint over old coats and had some weird, pasty, brown mess.

tghn

Postby tghn » Sat May 20, 2017 9:07 pm

I like the race differences it makes psu unique. I understand why people want to change it, but I feel the system as it is adds more verity to the community and it makes it easier to know who has what play style. I don't want this game to lose part of what makes it unique. that's my take on it at least.

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Sun May 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Pretty cool to see Human were played regardless of their stats. I had a human though debating on whether to make a cast because of ATP/ACC
Noble_wine lv 50 C: M: HU 10 FF lv 8
Rouge lv 71 B: F: HU lv 10 FF lv 10
Dorothy lv 99 H: F: HU lv 10 RA FF lv 5 20 FI 6
Discord: Noble_wine#8594

ZER0 DX

Postby ZER0 DX » Thu May 25, 2017 5:57 am

As a fellow Human who experienced the "Everybody gets a SUV... except for those filthy Beasts" good life on JP, this was always satisfying.

So was this.

...And I guess Beasts weren't all that bad, the invincibility one solved the shooting pew pew lasers of instant death problem we faced in a late event mission.

Return to “Discussion”