Class/PA Balance Discussion

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Sakarisei

Re: Class/PA Balance Discussion

Postby Sakarisei » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:48 am

PE4CE14 wrote:I'm not sure where this is being discussed, you can direct me to the place where it is, but here's my thing. I know in the past Boy newmans weren't as powerful as women newmans. And I don't understand that?? For clementine, I actually want to main a male Newman, and I don't want that to hold me back. Even if it's a small difference, it's enough to choose female. Male newmans are pretty much extinct! Has this already been ironed out or what not? Are any other classes like this? Like do female casts have more accuracy than men or something?

As Aelph said, gender differences will be deleted. The only difference which you'll still be able to see is the race differences. However, you can enjoy with your male newman, now being able to challenge the female newman, even the difference of damage is too low to check the difference of damage between the male and the female masterforce...

Blade Takehiko

Postby Blade Takehiko » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:05 pm

Was curious, Ethan can Multicast All buffs and debuffs at once, for the sake of not having to chase people down for days just to buff them because they dont wanna stand still for them, can acrotecher have a unique multicast PA ability? Where they can buff and debuff all at once, but would consume more PP. or atleast be able to cast all PAs on the weapon for support techs only. Seeing that the can use both TCSMs and wands it shouldnt make them op. Just better at support, more utility.
The blade that once cut the wings of a devil.
Kento Twilight Beast lvl1 Fighgunner[Clementine]
Argus Kelgron Beast lvl1 Masterforce[Clementine]
Roland Beast lvl1 Acrofighter[Clementine]
None lvl???? Demigod[Unknown?]

Sakarisei

Postby Sakarisei » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:59 am

I don't think that thing will happen. Take care that although certain NPCs can do unique things like Lumia using Rod as a GT or Ethan doing a multicast of all buffs, those things are exclusive to NPCs, so giving it to players, maybe that thing is not the best option, mainly because there is a certain point when even Megistar/Megistaride is obsolete when playing with people, unless you play many times alone with solo games, and solo games in endgame content is not the best option.

However, I agree about giving more importance to the support, especially the debuffs, mainly because the debuffs are rarely used in this game, unless you tag for exp, and using it just for tagging exp is not the best option, especially when enemies can be dealt by just one player, excepting certain missions because the huge ammount of Megid/Instant kill, and even it, not many of them play those missions because things like that, or at least iirc it from friends who have played in the JP version.

Sakarisei

Postby Sakarisei » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Well guys, I'll post here because tbh, I've got one suggestion more for the hybrid classes, especially the WT and the GT classes:

Is it possible to give lvl 40 to the WT in the GI techs since the WT will have access to the LBs related with the GI techs. And ofc, the other tech types will be 32.

In the case of the GT, RA techs at lvl 40 since GTs will have access to the LBs related with the RA techs, and the other tech types at lvl 32.

Maybe that idea can be ridiculous. However, I think that that lvl 40 at GI/RA for the WT/GT can help to the lvl 40 in Striking/Ranged attacks, especially when they're more of using one handed weaponry than using two handed weaponry. Ofc, and since the classes are still not written in stone, maybe that idea can be applied to giving them a slightly better help for their own purposes as hybrids.

Greetings :)

Midori Oku

Postby Midori Oku » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:09 am

I pretty much have this current build finished, and nothing will be changed at this point. It will just need extensive testing once it is implemented. I'll just have to get with Adam and see if he can include the changes in an upcoming update. Limit Breaks most likely won't be a part of that though. I'm not quiet sure if they have figured that out just yet.

I've been away from the project for quite a while now. Unfortunately I've been extremely busy with school, and I've wanted to do other things in my free time. I'll start making a little extra time to work with Clementine more though. :)

Sakarisei

Postby Sakarisei » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Well, well, that post is good news. I hope been able to recruit some hybrid lovers for hard content, especially when those users were kicked many times for just using hybrid classes.

And well, my previous post is basically the last suggestion that I can do for those things so... I don't care if you're start to writting the classes in stone...

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Midori Oku wrote:I pretty much have this current build finished, and nothing will be changed at this point. It will just need extensive testing once it is implemented. I'll just have to get with Adam and see if he can include the changes in an upcoming update. Limit Breaks most likely won't be a part of that though. I'm not quiet sure if they have figured that out just yet.

I've been away from the project for quite a while now. Unfortunately I've been extremely busy with school, and I've wanted to do other things in my free time. I'll start making a little extra time to work with Clementine more though. :)

Keep up the good work Midori and Adam. 0/

Please save our universe.
Noble_wine lv 50 C: M: HU 10 FF lv 8
Rouge lv 71 B: F: HU lv 10 FF lv 10
Dorothy lv 99 H: F: HU lv 10 RA FF lv 5 20 FI 6
Discord: Noble_wine#8594

Aelphasy

Postby Aelphasy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:55 pm

I had to talk about it here a few months ago, but I come back to the charge with the twin handguns.

I have both Twin Dark and Barada Megida 50, and I did solo run on A (no boss, will take too long at my level) White Beast, and it is sad and incomprehensible to see such a difference in power between shotgun and thg.

In my opinion, twin handguns are so much intense and interesting to play, since you have to move, dodge, and it allows a minimum of gameplay that the annoying shotgun does not allow.

I would really like this weapon to gain interest when used by a gunmaster. This class increases the speed of all expect duals, think it is possible to also increase their rate of fire ?

The rate of fire and why not 10 or 15% more power would be interesting on each PA (or on each weapons ? Dunno it can be worked)

I do not want to be the person who cries because his toy sux, but it is a pity to have a weapon with such a potential that serves almost nothing since nobody uses it.
Until the end.

saelix

Postby saelix » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:38 am

I'd like to post ideas for the expert classes that came to mind(Didn't put much thought into these, have mercy please)

* means especially crazy idea

Fighgunner - Increased speed with Twin Pistols,not sure what to do in melee department,I like to think Fighgunners signature weapon is double saber but not much you can do without changes seeming like a gimped FM or overshadowing it. The other issue is while FI is a hybrid class most people didn't even use the Ranger part

Guntecher - Improve Crossbow in some way damage/speed slightly
*Increase status infliction rate

Wartecher - Allow Megistar level 5/Solo focused class/Signature weapons Twins
* Have the class have passive Lifesteal

Fortetecher - We have everything to work with but not sure what to do with the potential, lv40 Attack and Support spells are great/Diversity Focus/Signature weapons Rods,Bows,Cards problem is Bows and Cards don't do anything Spells don't do so they've never really been good in PSU games
* Increase pp regeneration+Stamina to party members

Fortefighter - Signature weapon are S rank TwinSabers,an attack speed buff would make it viable but not sure how everyone feels about a class only being good lategame using a single weapon type.
* Have the class have a passive charm effect maybe more Hp making it a Tanky aggro focused frontliner

Fortegunner - Grenade focus but that weapon is so wonky im not sure we could find an actual fix.
* Longer range Ex trap access(Obviously less than Protranser)

Zane Wolfe

Postby Zane Wolfe » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:27 am

As I'm still incredibly new to PSU multiplayer, my only Phantasy Star multiplayer experience until recently was PSO for the GC & PSO BB, I can't say much about what is or isn't balanced. What I can say is what I would like to see. And that's a viable Hunter/Support Force Hybrid class, like PSO's Huney. She might have been a pain in the ass to level at first but she was my pride and joy. First type I ever hit lvl 200 on was my Hueny. Wartecher so far is the closest, but it leaves quite a bit wanting IMO. Perhaps a Master version of the class would be possible? Something that hits 40-50 in Strike and Support PAs, but doesn't have Bullet or Attack PAs at all. Give it access to S rank Daggers, Dual Daggers, Claws, Dual Claws, Wands, and MAGs. Possibly others, but those are the types I'm familiar with the most. Plus she need's to be able to use Nie's Claw(s)

Return to “Discussion”