Class/PA Balance Discussion

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Midori Oku

Class/PA Balance Discussion

Postby Midori Oku » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:01 am

First off, many people know that there were big gaps between the classes, and the PAs. For example, Guntecher very weak compared to other classes. While hybrid classes shouldn't be the "best" in any category, they shouldn't be so weak that they are not able to keep up with the others. Second, while some PAs were fun to use, they were not exactly ideal for any situation. A good example of that is Absolute Dance. Although it can be fun to use, there isn't a situation where it would be a better option than Spiral Dance. My goal with this is to make the classes and PAs as balanced as possible. The classes were way more balanced on JP, but that was because of certain PAs getting really big buffs. Those PAs were the only ones you would really ever see, and I don't want that to be the case on Clementine.

I've separated the classes out in to separate categories. Keep in mind this is my opinion.

Classes that need major adjustments
-Fighgunner
-Guntecher
-Wartecher

Classes that need minor adjustments
-Fortetecher

Classes that don't need adjustments
-Fighmaster
-Masterforce

I didn't list the rest of the classes because I'm not quite sure what to do with them at the moment. That's why I made this thread. I want to see everyone's opinion. I'll make a list like this for PAs eventually.

I know some of you don't want change, but I personally would like to see every class and PA be a viable option, and not just something that's fun to use. I don't really want to nerf anything unless it absolutely needs it. For example, if Dus Skadd (a JP only spear PA) is ever added to Clementine, it shouldn't be as strong as it was on the official server. It negated just about every single other PA for any weapon on classes that could use spears. Anyway, please leave your opinions, and ideas. I want to know what you guys think! Go into as much detail as you can. Also, everyone please make a list of PAs that you believe need some sort of buff, and I'll look over them.

I'll edit this post with information as we go along with this topic.

Edit: Instead of updating this post I've created a separate thread where I will post information as this goes along.
Here's the link - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1772

xBladeM6x

Re: Class/PA Balance

Postby xBladeM6x » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:22 am

Midori Oku wrote:I know some of you don't want change, but I personally would like to see every class and PA be a viable option, and not just something that's fun to use.

I'm so glad you see this. I didn't want this to just be how it was on the 360 servers, with nothing but master classes running around, with the occasional protranser. I'm all for changing the game, however is needed, so long as it's in favor of making the playing field even.
"Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Brendson

Postby Brendson » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:36 pm

As long as PAs are brought up to par with X and not brought down to the levels of Y then I'm all for reworking the lesser used ones.

Buff the weaker ones and leave the stronger ones alone otherwise you're replacing old with new and we're back at square one doing nothing but feeding a slow power creep (See Blizzard's working with Diablo 3 balancing for more insight on what I mean by that)

Confident the right decision will be made.
Brendson | Rpn | Bulleh | Lynx
Twitter - YouTube - Twitch

shade

Postby shade » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:00 pm

I wouldn't like to see Master and Acro Classes coming back.

I'm curious to see how classes will be reworked in the Agrajag expansion (which will only contain 3 classes : HU/RA & FO).

Or if you like to get more classes, I'd rather like a system which contains the 3 basics classes (if you'd like to keep them all) & 6 advanced classes :
- fF
- fG
- fT
- Something that's really 50% HU & 50% RA (a reworked FG)
- Something that's really 50% HU & 50% FO (a reworked WT)
- Something that's really 50% RA & 50% FO (a reworkd GT)
Eventually, two more classes : a "master" of the light weapons (a sort of Acro/Braver - but not like it was in PSU/P★P) and a master of heavy weapons (a sort of PT).

But not AF/AT/FM/GM/MF anylonger.

The PSNova class system is pretty good too (better than the one used in PSPo2(i) which also was really good IMO), but it would require too much works to get it in PSU...
ぐぇぐぇ。ぼよよん。

Brendson

Postby Brendson » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:06 pm

I would not be comfortable with the removal of any class, especially the master classes. The way classes function should be left the same. The weapons classes can use can be tweaked if need be. Being slowed to Forte class speed is not desirable to me.

Hybrids may need to be buffed but Master classes are restrictive for a reason, they master that weapon style.

thefulminatingshadow

Postby thefulminatingshadow » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:11 pm

Classes shouldn't be removed. Never. Also, I'm one hundred percent behind near-equal PA balance. Being the hipster and using inferior equipment and PAs for aesthetics was one of my main things; would be great to see my choices now becoming beneficial.

Brendson

Postby Brendson » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 pm

thefulminatingshadow wrote:Classes shouldn't be removed. Never. Also, I'm one hundred percent behind near-equal PA balance. Being the hipster and using inferior equipment and PAs for aesthetics was one of my main things; would be great to see my choices now becoming beneficial.

"Inferior" PAs being nerfed is a good thing, but you should never expect more performance from intentionally using inferior gear.

Midori Oku

Postby Midori Oku » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:03 pm

None of the classes are going to be removed.

project_501D13R

Postby project_501D13R » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Midori Oku wrote:Classes that need major adjustments
-Fighgunner
-Guntecher
-Wartecher

Classes that need minor adjustments
-Fortetecher

Classes that don't need adjustments
-Fighmaster
-Masterforce

I didn't list the rest of the classes because I'm not quite sure what to do with them at the moment. That's why I made this thread. I want to see everyone's opinion. I'll make a list like this for PAs eventually.

I know some of you don't want change, but I personally would like to see every class and PA be a viable option, and not just something that's fun to use. I don't really want to nerf anything unless it absolutely needs it. For example, if Dus Skadd (a JP only spear PA) is ever added to Clementine, it shouldn't be as strong as it was on the official server. It negated just about every single other PA for any weapon on classes that could use spears. Anyway, please leave your opinions, and ideas. I want to know what you guys think! Go into as much detail as you can. Also, everyone please make a list of PAs that you believe need some sort of buff, and I'll look over them.

I'll edit this post with information as we go along with this topic.

for Fighgunner if you give it the buffs that the JP server got it should be fine.
for guntecher all I've got is buffing skill PA cap to 20 and giving it a 10% boost to all stats other than stam.
for wartecher, I'd say buff bullets to 30, give it a wider variety of S ranks to wield and a 5% buff to all stats.
I don't have any real suggestions for the other classes because I don't have a lot of experience playing them.
if you want to fix absolute dance, make the first attack faster that will solve the biggest problem with that PA.

SegaGamer

Postby SegaGamer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Midori Oku wrote:None of the classes are going to be removed.

That is good to know.
Clementine Character
M Human Sukotto

Return to “Discussion”