Drop system

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Midori Oku

Re: Drop system

Postby Midori Oku » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:07 am

I would like to point out that exchange missions may be a thing of the past. Most of them were not logged. Also, we currently have no plans to make custom exchange missions.

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:25 am

Seority wrote:I don't think the "shards" idea is good. I think just trading in items that are rewarded/dropped in missions is fine.

I do agree on mixing it up between drops and trade ins.

Which is going to alter the RNG factor and drop-rates.
The shards idea is basically the same, without sacrificing the above mentioned.

Also, I don't think this would require any exchange missions/lobbies. I don't know to which point you can customize or alter already existing menus in PSU, but you could (if possible) add an "Assemble" option to the shards. No exchange mission, just assemble from storage.

Let me make this clear by the way. You don't get the same shards from multiple items. Every item (in the "shard list") has its own shards. You can't make a Spread Needle from Rattlesnake shards.

Also, it would be convenient if you could mention why you think this is not a good idea.

QW1K

Postby QW1K » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:34 am

I want the original drop system please. Don't split items into shards. Thanks.
I want this game to be exactly how it was before SEGA took their servers offline. Except I also want the items the Japanese servers received.

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:51 am

QW1K wrote:I want the original drop system please. Don't split items into shards. Thanks.
I want this game to be exactly how it was before SEGA took their servers offline. Except I also want the items the Japanese servers received.

These are just suggestions, nothing final at all.
I myself am perfectly fine too with the drop system the original servers had, but some people are not.
My suggestion was a solution to evenly distribute the drop among all players in the party without someone missing out.

Edit: I was referring to the shards drop system.
Last edited by Ricewind on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midori Oku

Postby Midori Oku » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:52 am

QW1K wrote:I want the original drop system please. Don't split items into shards. Thanks.

There will be changes, and that is pretty much unavoidable. There are certain things that were never logged (such as most exchange missions), info on certain things that was never documented (such as stats on items, especially variance), etc..... Not to mention there are some things in game that are having to be put together from scratch. With that said, some things may be extremely hard, if not impossible to make it exactly like it was. It will just be easier on the team. There are going to be changes to classes and PA's for better overall balance on the server. Plus, the gender difference are no longer a thing due to popular vote. So yes, there will be changes, and some have already occurred.

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:01 am

@Midori

Is the shard system a viable option in your opinion? Can this even be implemented?
I don't know how much of the client you (the dev team) can change, if any changes can even be made.

This idea isn't a replacement by the way, just another option of drop distribution.

Midori Oku

Postby Midori Oku » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:20 am

Ricewind wrote:@Midori

Is the shard system a viable option in your opinion? Can this even be implemented?
I don't know how much of the client you (the dev team) can change, if any changes can even be made.

This idea isn't a replacement by the way, just another option of drop distribution.

It's very unlikely a shard system would be something we will add. It's not that it is impossible, it just wouldn't be something that would be easy to do, to the point where it would wouldn't be worth it. Even if we did come up with a way for a shard system to work with drops, the question then is how do you make it so that you can turn those shards into the weapon, armor, or unit? An option in the menu is unlikely (as far as I know), and exchange missions are a problem on their own. Boards would be a possibility, but there is only so much room to add more boards. Especially with the fact that JP content is something we really want to add. The shards system you suggested is really the only part of your idea that would be extremely hard to add.

Edit: In terms of a new drop system option (yes, it would be optional to play with it), the separate drops for players would be about it. However, drop rate percentages on items when that option is selected would be drastically reduced, so rare items will a lot less likely to drop for this option compared to give finder, set random, and set order. Although, meseta may be able to remain something that is shared between players even if that system is active. Not to mention, meseta drops on Clementine will be smaller than what they were on the original server. For example, a level 80 Bel Pannon on the official server would drop a little over 900 meseta, where as on Clementine that same Bel Pannon will drop a little over 600.

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:54 am

I assumed that it would be a lot of work (or even too much work). The idea that I had was to add an extra menu to storage or the partner machine to assemble them, but you'd have to add custom menus if that's even possible.
The exchange missions are terrible. I did use them for events (and I really like the tokens you'd get from events to buy limited extras), but the menus were hard to navigate and rather clunky.

If you'd give every player their own drop, and reduce the drop rate accordingly, it's wasted effort putting that system to practice. With the current system you have a 1/4 (with 4 players) chance to get the item. If the drop rate is 1/100, you'd get a drop rate of 1/400. If you set separate drops for everyone and change the drop rate accordingly, you'd be at 1/400 again. Not to mention an overflow of meseta and crafting items.

I personally have a preference for the old drop system (randomized).

Midori Oku

Postby Midori Oku » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:24 am

Lower drop rates includes all items, including crafting materials. The meseta drops would be divided by the number of players in the party, so it really wouldn't make more meseta enter the server. It would be the same amount. So for example, lets say an enemy drops 1000 meseta, you divide by the number of players in your party. Keep in mind, numbers in PSU round down.

1000 / 2 = 500
1000 / 3 = 333
1000 / 4 = 250
1000 / 5 = 200
1000 / 6 = 166

Edit: And yes, I prefer it too, but I'm willing to go with the what the majority of people want. However, it should be adjusted accordingly.

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:54 pm

It's good to hear that, should it be implemented.

Doing this will render this drop system completely useless though (not saying it's wrong). There will be, statistically, no difference between randomized and this new system with accordingly reduced drop rates.

I'm not against it at all (since it's the same thing), but I am against spending time on something redundant. But ultimately, what has priority over what during development is up to you guys.

Return to “Discussion”