PhotonFX 1.0: ReShade Preset - Download Available!

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Poncho Jr

Re: PhotonFX 1.0: ReShade Preset - Download Available!

Postby Poncho Jr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:13 pm

I'm probably one of the few running it on an "older" laptop. (Yeah I know Double Whammy)

Now being a techer, this answered my needs for making Technics more "pretty!" It's awesome. I tried it both online and offline with 0 framedrops.

Offline I spammed Dambarta, Gibarta, Rafoie and Gidiga (generally laggy techs people would complain about on Xbox) no frame drops.
I did the same test in a room full of mobs, no lag.

This is on almost 4 year old laptop hardware (i7 3610 QM + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M + 12 Gigabyte RAM) I'm running on 1080p max settings with 0 issues. Now, this is solo. I'm pretty sure even in a room full of Masterforces spamming spells, this should run at 60 FPS without having to turn down any settings.

This is a good benchmark for players with mid range hardware! Mobile GTX 680M is to Desktop GTX 660 roughly.

Thanks for this! I may have to edit the Fisheye out, but other than that, it's a great addition to the game at no cost to us!
4th Floor Officer at your service! Making Clyez a better place day by day.

Kurama

Postby Kurama » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:30 am

So in the Reshade folder, how do I make the USE FISHEYE CA become 0 and basically turn off, all i see is [#if USE_FISHEYE_CA], but no number.

EDIT: I got tired of looking through the coding to find the FISHEYE number to make 0, so I just deleted the FishEye folder, it worked! Hooray for solving your own problems! Go me! :D
ロングライブクレメンタイン!

8Phantasm

Postby 8Phantasm » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Kurama wrote:So in the Reshade folder, how do I make the USE FISHEYE CA become 0 and basically turn off, all i see is [#if USE_FISHEYE_CA], but no number.

EDIT: I got tired of looking through the coding to find the FISHEYE number to make 0, so I just deleted the FishEye folder, it worked! Hooray for solving your own problems! Go me! :D

It's in the McFX_settings.cfg file. You just open it in notepad, set it to "0" and save.

8Phantasm

Postby 8Phantasm » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Clessy wrote:How well will this hold up for me?

Im on a laptop with a i7 2.5ghz, 8gb ddr, ssd and intel 520. My main issue is my laptop has a 4k screen resolution and everyone still seems to only support 1080p which looks ok but i'd like to just be able to type in and run whatever resolutions I want. Even when things support 4k they're missing virtually every widescreen resolution inbetween 1080p and 4k. Sometimes you cant muster the power to play 4k but you can effortlessly run more than 1080p max settings.

You can play PSU in 4K with an edited .exe. I didn't include it in PhotonFX because the HUD elements become unreadable, due to not scaling with resolution (too small to see).

8Phantasm

Postby 8Phantasm » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:13 pm

Dreamicifantasy wrote:I have now identified the problem of Power Supply noise. I searched the net and found it to be called Coil Whine. It was stated not to be harmful, but to be a sign of stress. In The Witcher 1, the fps is unlocked and this could be why the noise was happening, got to force a limiter of 60 on it.
As for the ReShade, no solution still...

Coil Whine is common on some GPU/PSU combos. Seems like it happens when the GPU is working hard. I get it frequently in GTA V after playing for 10 minutes. I wouldn't expect it to happen in Phantasy Star Universe, though. You have to replace the power supply to get rid of it, although I don't think it's mandatory because it won't break the GPU. Apparently an EVGA G2 PSU and probably similar ones are good to get rid of coil whine, at least on a 970.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.as ... G2-0750-XR

Zypherfier

Postby Zypherfier » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:56 am

Sorry for the semi necro of this thread.

So, I'm curious if this works with the new launcher or if there's something different that needs to be done if it works at all. Quite interested in using this.

Had a scare with my computer the other day so I don't want to poke around with things if I don't have to. Thanks in advance. o/

Kewizzle

Postby Kewizzle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:50 pm

pretty nice but reminds me of an old television.
I'm just Vigorously Fucking Phantasy Star Universe's game disc.

Zypherfier

Postby Zypherfier » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:29 am

Kewizzle wrote:pretty nice but reminds me of an old television.

That's actually the Gaussian blur and Fisheye with CA effects. If you disable those two it just makes all the colors pop more while smoothing the jaggies. I can post some screens when I get back to my computer.

Edit for screenshots:

These are all the Reshade profile in use without Gaussian Blur or Fisheye with CA.

In contrast, this is what the game normally looks like with a 1080 mod and no Reshade.

SegaGamer

Postby SegaGamer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:47 am

Zypherfier wrote:

That's actually the Gaussian blur and Fisheye with CA effects. If you disable those two it just makes all the colors pop more while smoothing the jaggies. I can post some screens when I get back to my computer.

Edit for screenshots:

These are all the Reshade profile in use without Gaussian Blur or Fisheye with CA.

In contrast, this is what the game normally looks like with a 1080 mod and no Reshade.

I think reshade look's pretty terrible to be honest. It's like someone is flashing a light in your eyes :D I much prefer the more natural look.

EDIT: I know what it reminds me of. Overused lens flare that you see in films. It's something JJ Abrams would be proud of.
Clementine Character
M Human Sukotto

Zypherfier

Postby Zypherfier » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:03 am

SegaGamer wrote:
Zypherfier wrote:

Edit for screenshots:

I think reshade look's pretty terrible to be honest. It's like someone is flashing a light in your eyes :D I much prefer the more natural look.

EDIT: I know what it reminds me of. Overused lens flare that you see in films. It's something JJ Abrams would be proud of.

Eh, it's apparently a bug with the reshade profile where white light is brighter than it really should be. If nothing else I like the colors popping more and the better AA. I hate jaggies and this removes a fair deal of them. Not to mention the basic look is fairly washed out in some places. It's a trend in more recent games to have a really washed out color pallet and it's pretty irksome to me.

Return to “Discussion”