PhotonFX 1.0: ReShade Preset - Download Available!

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
Dreamicifantasy

Re: PhotonFX 1.0: ReShade Preset - Download Available!

Postby Dreamicifantasy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:28 am

Nah, this is a desky, using a GTX 760.
Cannot find anything regarding the BSOD in the Event Viewer.

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Dreamicifantasy wrote:Nah, this is a desky, using a GTX 760.
Cannot find anything regarding the BSOD in the Event Viewer.

It is quite bizarre, this problem... but anyway! I too have a 760 so let's be besties. I'm fairly certain the 760 is capable of handling Reshade though, I know mine is. I'm a little surprised that Event Viewer didn't report on your stop error.

Did you end up installing those DirectX runtimes?
0x3B Has also been linked with Firewire devices, if you have any of those going, but on the general front of things...
Drivers
DirectX
Dodgy DLL play? I see that Reshade includes its own d3d9.dll, so you can definitely remove the d3dx9_33.dll that was included with the installer.

On the hardware level of things, sufficient power to your card?
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Dreamicifantasy

Postby Dreamicifantasy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:17 pm

Marmalade wrote:I too have a 760 so let's be besties.

Sure thing, you can call me friend besto!
Firewire, I use no such thing.
Drivers, should be up to date.
DirectX, installed the runtimes.
As for the d3d9_33.dll, I cannot find such. The ReShade .dll must have overwritten the base d3d9.dll coming with the installer.
BSOD is still occuring...

EDIT:
I've been playing The Witcher for a week now and today I noticed that my Power Supply starts making noise when I launch the game. Usually it did not happen. Now I tested other games and found out that the same happens with other games now. Something is off with my Power Supply. The static sound that PSUs usually make gets louder and has a higher pitch. The loudness and pitch level changes throughout the gameplay. What I noticed is that while launching The Witcher my PSU makes a different pitch sound than while in the main menu. Just a moment ago I cleaned my PC from dust, it boots and runs faster now, but the Power Supply problem is still here. Currently it is just fear hitting me, might something really be off with my Power Supply?
Last edited by Dreamicifantasy on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clessy

Postby Clessy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:41 pm

How well will this hold up for me?

Im on a laptop with a i7 2.5ghz, 8gb ddr, ssd and intel 520. My main issue is my laptop has a 4k screen resolution and everyone still seems to only support 1080p which looks ok but i'd like to just be able to type in and run whatever resolutions I want. Even when things support 4k they're missing virtually every widescreen resolution inbetween 1080p and 4k. Sometimes you cant muster the power to play 4k but you can effortlessly run more than 1080p max settings.

Dreamicifantasy

Postby Dreamicifantasy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:22 am

I have now identified the problem of Power Supply noise. I searched the net and found it to be called Coil Whine. It was stated not to be harmful, but to be a sign of stress. In The Witcher 1, the fps is unlocked and this could be why the noise was happening, got to force a limiter of 60 on it.
As for the ReShade, no solution still...

Clessy

Postby Clessy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:41 pm

Tried the reshader works fine for me.

Playing this game in anything over 720p kills this pc and it makes no sense :S

This game visually looks worse than pso on pc too somehow. Also makes no sense. I blame it on psu having awful texture resolution compared to pso.

Dreamicifantasy

Postby Dreamicifantasy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Clessy wrote:Playing this game in anything over 720p kills this pc and it makes no sense :S

This game visually looks worse than pso on pc too somehow. Also makes no sense. I blame it on psu having awful texture resolution compared to pso.

Kills your PC in what sense? You mentioned your battery life before, you running out of battery? If so you can always keep your lappy plugged to the wall. It is not wise to play games on battery while you can also have an external power source.

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Dreamicifantasy wrote:As for the d3d9_33.dll, I cannot find such. The ReShade .dll must have overwritten the base d3d9.dll coming with the installer.

Odd, maybe you didn't use the same installer as me then c: so nevermind.

Dreamicifantasy wrote:I've been playing The Witcher for a week now and today I noticed that my Power Supply starts making noise when I launch the game. ... Currently it is just fear hitting me, might something really be off with my Power Supply?
I have now identified the problem of Power Supply noise. I searched the net and found it to be called Coil Whine. It was stated not to be harmful, but to be a sign of stress. In The Witcher 1, the fps is unlocked and this could be why the noise was happening, got to force a limiter of 60 on it.
As for the ReShade, no solution still...

A whining sound comes from my PC sometimes, too, but this only started when I got a 760. My pc, however, does not whine on PSU. It isn't uncommon for power supplies to go bad, or for cheap 3rd party supplies to fail to deliver. If everything is working tip top then great! but still keep an eye on it. Your power supply really shouldn't be stressing at the end of the day. Any idea on the wattage?

You said:
Dreamicifantasy wrote:The static sound that PSUs usually make gets louder and has a higher pitch. The loudness and pitch level changes throughout the gameplay.

This is going to happen more or less as workload is placed onto your machine. If you're getting a steady increase while being idle then I'd check that?

Anyway, you're 100% that this only happens with PSU while ReShade is active? It could be one of the filters. You might try to run with ReShade in your folder but turn it off with the hotkey, or start weeding out certain filters (You can turn them off manually somewhere ó.o) It could just be that your PC isn't having a good time with one of those effects, though, I'm a little surprised that Event Viewer hasn't reported anything. Still the same 0x3B?

Clessy wrote:Playing this game in anything over 720p kills this pc and it makes no sense :S

Of course, more pixels, more work. I believe that PSU is single threaded and sometimes is placed on only one core. You can change the affinity to all cores via task manager and helps a lot with framerate problems.

As for the visuals... not... really? You want to check your options, this game looks pretty alright. It's nothing great but it's certainly no worse than Blue Burst was. Except maybe the Colony '^'; and any shrubbery you might find. But we can fix this!!! >D Muhahahah

When it comes to the poor textures though, we have the PS2 to blame. The game could have been a lot more visually appealing but was down scaled to meet the PS2's requirements. Everything suffered '^' rather than just the PS2...
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Dreamicifantasy

Postby Dreamicifantasy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Marmalade wrote:A Any idea on the wattage?

It is 650W Corsair PSU, I don't remember the exact model and I don't have any papers to read it off from at the moment.

Marmalade wrote:
Dreamicifantasy wrote:The static sound that PSU usually make gets louder and has a higher pitch. The loudness and pitch level changes throughout the gameplay.

Anyway, you're 100% that this only happens with PSU while ReShade is active?

I was meaning that Power Supply does the sound, not the PSU game itself :D

Clessy

Postby Clessy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Dreamicifantasy wrote:

Kills your PC in what sense? You mentioned your battery life before, you running out of battery? If so you can always keep your lappy plugged to the wall. It is not wise to play games on battery while you can also have an external power source.

No I mean frame rate. Turns it into a slide show yet using the shader on 720p runs buttery smooth once I turned off the blur.

Anyway I can run it 1366x768? How do I run dual processing from task manager if im running the game fullscreen. Alt tabbing out of fullscreen crashed the program.

Return to “Discussion”