PhotonFX 1.0: ReShade Preset - Download Available!

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
0maru

Re: PhotonFX 1.0: ReShade Preset - Download Available!

Postby 0maru » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:45 am

SegaGamer wrote:
Dreamicifantasy wrote:Well, whenever I close the game with this installed I get blues creened. Thought the issue might be that I am running it in 1080p windowed, but nah, tested fullscreen also and still get blues creened upon closure of the game.
Cannot stand the blue screens, help!

Blue screen ?! if you are getting that then it's probably got something to do with hardware, registry or viruses. I doubt it's got anything to do with reshade.

Yea its mostly your pc hardware, also I run the game in window mode in the 1440p and never see any blue screen. Make sure you follow the tutorial on the page and read all the faq's about the files u can customize.
"Face forward and fight for your future"

Contacts:

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/omaru875/

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vargas360

Dreamicifantasy

Postby Dreamicifantasy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:01 pm

I haven't customized anything and my hardware is fine: i7, GTX 760 and 8gigs for starters.
It is definitely something to do with ReShade because the blue screen happens only while I have it installed on my client.

0maru

Postby 0maru » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Dreamicifantasy wrote:I haven't customized anything and my hardware is fine: i7, GTX 760 and 8gigs for starters.
It is definitely something to do with ReShade because the blue screen happens only while I have it installed on my client.

Yea well 760gtx is really outdated, even though Phantasy Star Universe is an old game you drivers are most likely outdated so check that out first. Also make sure the game has all the files to run like direct x/etc. Reshade uses the following "PhotonFX was optimized using an Intel i5-4690k @ 4.4Ghz and a Nvidia GTX 970". So that might be your primary problem to get it running, I'm currently running I-7 4.3ghz Asus desktop with Nvidia Gtx970 and 20gig ram and never seen an blue screen that you are referring to.
"Face forward and fight for your future"

Contacts:

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/omaru875/

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vargas360

SegaGamer

Postby SegaGamer » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Dreamicifantasy wrote:I haven't customized anything and my hardware is fine: i7, GTX 760 and 8gigs for starters.

It doesn't matter if you have good hardware, that wasn't really what i was getting at. What i am saying is that there could be problems with your hardware, it could be damaged. If it's not that then there may be something wrong with your registry files or you have a virus. You think it's Reshade because it's the only thing that triggers the blue screen, that doesn't necessarily mean it's Reshade that is the cause of the problem though. It's possible, and i think quite likely, that something in your computer is struggling to cope with Reshade.

More often than not i have found that RAM is the cause of these problems. It's up to you what you do, but it may be a good idea to remove one RAM stick at a time and test the game with Reshade to see if the problem persists. If you no longer have the Blue Screen error with one RAM stick removed, then you will know that you have faulty RAM.
Clementine Character
M Human Sukotto

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:39 pm

I'm assuming your PC is restarting immediately after the blue screen and disallowing you to grab any meaningful information. Keep in mind that stop errors are there to inform you about problems that were found, not to just turn your PC off.

If you want to, here are the steps to ask your PC to give you a little more time with the beauty that is BSOD.
1. Open the run console (Windows Key + R)
2. Slap in control sysdm.cpl
3. Select the Advanced tab
4. At the bottom, under the Start-up and Recovery section, click Settings...
5. At the middle, under the System Failure section, un-check Automatically Restart
6. OK!

Next time, when your PC bites it, it should halt and hopefully give you a decent amount of information.
You want to write down any error codes, file names, or faults reported.

Best of luck to you '<'!
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Dreamicifantasy

Postby Dreamicifantasy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Marmalade wrote:I'm assuming your PC is restarting immediately after the blue screen and disallowing you to grab any meaningful information. Keep in mind that stop errors are there to inform you about problems that were found, not to just turn your PC off.

If you want to, here are the steps to ask your PC to give you a little more time with the beauty that is BSOD.
1. Open the run console (Windows Key + R)
2. Slap in control sysdm.cpl
3. Select the Advanced tab
4. At the bottom, under the Start-up and Recovery section, click Settings...
5. At the middle, under the System Failure section, un-check Automatically Restart
6. OK!

Next time, when your PC bites it, it should halt and hopefully give you a decent amount of information.
You want to write down any error codes, file names, or faults reported.

Best of luck to you '<'!

Now this is the sort of help I was waiting for!

Caboose

Postby Caboose » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Just so everyone knows, it is the reshade that causes a blue screen. It happened all the time on my pc with the re-shade. Your g card could have some issues. I was using mobo built in graphics at first and it blue screened and lagged super bad for awhile with the re-shade, I then went up to a gtx 480, and honestly no matter how old it is, this g card is a beauty and plays any game I want with no issues on high settings, I never had a issue with the re-shade after that.

SegaGamer

Postby SegaGamer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:20 pm

Caboose wrote:Just so everyone knows, it is the reshade that causes a blue screen. It happened all the time on my pc with the re-shade. Your g card could have some issues. I was using mobo built in graphics at first and it blue screened and lagged super bad for awhile with the re-shade, I then went up to a gtx 480, and honestly no matter how old it is, this g card is a beauty and plays any game I want with no issues on high settings, I never had a issue with the re-shade after that.

Actually you have just pretty much confirmed that Reshade isn't the issue. You said that you were getting blue screen with the built in graphics card and it stopped once you replaced it. That means the problem was the graphics card, not Reshade itself.
Clementine Character
M Human Sukotto

Dreamicifantasy

Postby Dreamicifantasy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Just to confirm, might I be missing any DirectX versions or anything installed upon installation of the vanilla PSU (not the clementine version). It might just be that I am missing something important, because I used the Clementine installer found on the forums and I don't think I've installed the vanilla game on this PC before.

Anyway, I pictured the blue screen I got last time, here is the picture:
Spoiler:

3B seems to usually be graphics card driver problem, but I have my driver up to date, what could it be?

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:02 pm

Dreamicifantasy wrote:Just to confirm, might I be missing any DirectX versions or anything installed upon installation of the vanilla PSU (not the clementine version). It might just be that I am missing something important, because I used the Clementine installer found on the forums and I don't think I've installed the vanilla game on this PC before.

Right, first of all, if you used Alexanders installer then you want to move out of reach, or delete, "d3dx9_##.dll" in your PSU directory (Does Reshade use a d3d dll, too?). The one included in the installer is not strictly required to be there! PSU will find the correct files on it's own accord if you have them.
Otherwise, see: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429

Secondly! You want to go and check your Event Viewer, it might give you some more information on your 0x3B stop.
1. Run console (Windows Key + R)
2. Put in eventvwr
3. Expand "Windows Logs" on the left side
4. You want to check "Application" and "System" for any Errors or Criticals reported recently. Something along the lines of?

Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

Anyway, regardless, take a step back and consider that Reshade is forcing procedures which may or may not digest well with any given graphics card or drivers. What GPU are you using, chap? And are we dealing with a laptop?
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Return to “Discussion”