PhotonFX 1.0: ReShade Preset - Download Available!

You can talk about anything Clementine related just here.
8Phantasm

PhotonFX 1.0: ReShade Preset - Download Available!

Postby 8Phantasm » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:53 pm

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::[ DESCRIPTION ]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

PhotonFX is a "ReShade+Framework" preset (http://www.ReShade.me), which I setup to enhance the graphical quality of Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus. If you have any performance issues, suggestions, questions or bug reports; drop a comment. PhotonFX was optimized using an Intel i5-4690k @ 4.4Ghz and a Nvidia GTX 970 @ 1500Mhz, in a resolution of 2560 x 1440 on max PSU settings (with VSync on). With this hardware it doesn't drop below 60 FPS. People with laptops and low-end GPUs might have performance issues (check out the F.A.Q.).

• SMAA
  • Tonemap
  • Vibrance
  • Gaussian Blur
  • Gaussian Anamorphic Flare
  • Tuning Palette
  • Ambient Light
  • Bloom
  • Lens Dirt
  • LenzFlare
  • Fisheye Chromatic Aberration

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::[ INSTALLATION ]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

STEP 1: Download PhotonFX_1.0-ReShade-PSU_AOTI-8Phantasm.rar and extract the files with WinRAR.

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.co.nz/#!jM8wnTrZ!G3p1E1nN7IEBEaAFtNpAbMF343p00ORGSJ68S_bCVfQ

STEP 2: Inside of the folder called "PhotonFX 1.0 - ReShade+Framework 0.18.7 Preset", you will see a folder and 2 files. Place all 3 inside of your PSU: AOTI folder.

STEP 3: (Optional) Choose one of either 16:9 resolution patches (1080p or 1440p). Make sure you backup your original .exe files before replacing them. Higher resolutions than 720p break the minimap. If you DO NOT want the minimap displayed on the UI in-game, choose the minimap version. If you are choosing a resolution that is higher than your monitor/tv's native resolution, make sure Nvidia DSR is enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel (15-20% smoothness option recommended). You must play the game in fullscreen if using Nvidia DSR, because the resolution won't scale down properly in windowed mode.

STEP 4: If you used one of the resolution patches, launch PSU: AOTI with either online.exe (launcher), PsuIlluminus.exe (network mode), or PsuIlluminusOff.exe (story mode). Otherwise, just launch the game how you normally do. If you are in fullscreen Network Mode, you will have to set the brightness in-game to it's default value of (3) every time you launch the game. There is currently a bug with Clementine where the game's brightness settting is set to it's highest value (5) when launching in fullscreen.

PRESS SCROLL LOCK TO TOGGLE THE EFFECTS OFF/ON

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::[ BUGS ]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

• Brightness: You have to set your in-game brightness to it's default value of 3. A Fullscreen Clementine bug defaults the brightness to 5.

• Bright White Lights: White lighting in certain areas may seem too bright.

• Bright White Trees: The pale pink trees are glowing bright white.

• Glow in the Dark Sonic: Sonic, Knuckles, & Tails may glow too bright in certain locations, especially when closer to the camera.

• Temporary FPS Drop: Sometimes when hitting SCROLL LOCK to toggle the effects off and on, the framerate will drop for a few seconds. Related to the Gaussian Blur Quality setting. It's set to "2", so try a "1" or "0".

• Split/Missing Effects: Toggling ReShade off and on with SCROLL LOCK multiple times when playing the game in WINDOWED MODE will cause the effects to be split up between both on/off instances. Relaunch the game to fix.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::[ F.A.Q. ]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

• My framerate dropped below 60 FPS!: Many things can cause a loss of framerate. I would say try these solutions, one by one, in this order. The only thing that dropped framerate fo me was the Gaussian Blur Quality, when I had it set to a higher value than 2, while using 1440p DSR. So first, open CustomFX_settings.cfg in the ReShade folder and scroll down to Gaussian Blur settings. Change the GaussQuality from a "2" to a "0". If that wasn't enough, next try lowering the quality of SMAA in SweetFX_settings.cfg. If you are using DSR resolution, try dropping back down to your native resolution. If you still need more framerate, disable Gaussian Blur completely by opening back up CustomFX_settings.cfg and setting USE_GAUSS from a "1" to a "0". Next you can try disabling LenzFlare in GemFX_settings.cfg. After all of that, you can try disabling other stuff also, such as Lens Dirt and FishEye CA. You may only need to do one of these tweaks, or a certain combination of them. You'll just have to test a good balance for your specific hardware.

• I Don't like the FishEye Lens with Chromatic Aberration.: Most people don't like CA, some do to give it a more cinematic look, especially with sci-fi. I think it's better to leave on by default for those who do like it. To disable the Fisheye Lens with CA, Just go into the McFX_settings.cfg file in the ReShade folder, open it up and turn the "USE_FISHEYE_CA" from a "1" to a "0".

• It's too blurry!: The 2 effects that cause bluryness are Gaussian Blur (USE_GAUSS) in CustomFX_settings.cfg, and FishEye with CA (USE_FISHEYE_CA) in McFX_settings.cfg. Disable one or both of them by setting the values from a "1" to a "0".

• The beach looks weird.: Ambient Light doesn't like this location.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::[ SCREENSHOTS ]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Last edited by 8Phantasm on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 129 times in total.

Mikuru

Re: Enhanced Graphics: ReShade Framework

Postby Mikuru » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:03 pm

That looks really nice. Wish I knew how to do this.

8Phantasm

Postby 8Phantasm » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Mikuru wrote:That looks really nice. Wish I knew how to do this.

It's fairly easy. Just a matter of tweaking settings in the config files, learning what each one does. Very tedious though. I'm not that good at it but I'm happy with how this looks so far. I will post a download link soon.

Mikuru

Postby Mikuru » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:32 pm

8Phantasm wrote:
Mikuru wrote:That looks really nice. Wish I knew how to do this.

It's fairly easy. Just a matter of tweaking settings in the config files, learning what each one does. Very tedious though. I'm not that good at it but I'm happy with how this looks so far. I will post a download link soon.

Oh okay cool. Would like to try these out. :)

project_501D13R

Postby project_501D13R » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:27 pm

I only see lens flare, everything else looks the same

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:30 pm

8Phantasm wrote:Still a work in progress...

Wow great job! It looks pretty realistic. 0/

Hello and welcome to psu: Clementine btw. Get hype!
Last edited by Noblewine on Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skype: Noblewine31 ( I had to change it because I forgot my password)
Discord: Noble_wine#8594
My discord channel. PSUHotspot

Mikuru

Postby Mikuru » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:54 pm

project_501D13R wrote:I only see lens flare, everything else looks the same

You may or may not need and eye doctor!

MysticForce

Postby MysticForce » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:29 pm

Huh, those pics look really nice! I'm interested in seeing how it looks throughout gameplay.

8Phantasm

Postby 8Phantasm » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:33 pm

project_501D13R wrote:I only see lens flare, everything else looks the same

Haha, well... Try enlarging the images by opening them in a new tab and magnifying to see them better. Currently, I have 4 different lens effects and the game has it's own lens flare for at least some of the suns. I added horizontal gaussian anamorphic lens flares, circular lenz flare, fish eye lens, and lens dirt.
Last edited by 8Phantasm on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

8Phantasm

Postby 8Phantasm » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:19 am

Noblewine wrote:Wow great job! It looks pretty realistic. 0/

Hello and welcome to psu: Clementine btw. Get hype!

Thanks, man!

Return to “Discussion”