Clementine Manual Patch

Find out the latest news about Clementine, here!
Marmalade

Clementine Manual Patch

Postby Marmalade » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:35 am

Some of you seem to be having trouble getting the launcher to work, for whatever overly protective reasons your PC's are finding.
It smells weird... hmmmmm

Please note*
This patch is NOT to update your US or JP install, it is to update the installer found [HERE]
Do not apply it to any other installation and expect it to work.

So here will be manual patches that you can download to apply and play without the hassle.
  1. Download it.
  2. Extract it into your installed PSU folder.
  3. Overwrite the existing files.

You can run the PSUC.exe directly if you have launcher problems.

- Manual Patch 10.01.2017 -
- Manual Patch 27.03.2017 -

- Known Issues & Help -
Spoiler:
Q: When I try to connect I receive an Error No. 021 on Checking Patch Files...
A: This occurs when your client is not fully up to date.
Make sure that you're using the correct installer.
Make sure that you've extracted the manual patch into the correct game directory and overwritten files.

Q: After applying the patch I can no longer see text, and the client hangs at login.
A: This occurs because you're using the incorrect installation.
Please use our installer, found here.
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Zeph

Re: Clementine Manual Patch

Postby Zeph » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:49 am

SO much love :3

Corpter

Postby Corpter » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:50 am

Our lord and savior Marmalade, thanks!

Akiko hoshikari

Postby Akiko hoshikari » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:54 am

Its not letting me extract the files into the Clementine launcher. I have extract them into the Clementine folder but no updates seem to be occurring

Corpter

Postby Corpter » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:45 am

Akiko hoshikari wrote:Its not letting me extract the files into the Clementine launcher. I have extract them into the Clementine folder but no updates seem to be occurring

Yes, extract the files into the folder, not the launcher, and then replace any when prompted to.

Policroma

Postby Policroma » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:36 am

Not sure if anyone else will run into this, but when I tried running either program, they would hang the entire explorer window, and I'd have to restart it in task manager to fix temporarily.

Antivirus wasn't being triggered, it was being run as administrator, etc. But smartscreen was somehow getting activated in all this. (Yeah, the anti-phishing thing....)

What fixed was right clicking both files (after copying) and clicking properties. Check the "unblock" box on the properties window.

Astshadow

Postby Astshadow » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Help me ;-; skype me or something having a hard time, we want to play! Skype name: astshadow1997

JCGamer

Postby JCGamer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:16 pm

:lol: I think the launcher does need some work around but with Manual patch will fix it the problem, but still we need figure what made the ClemLauncher don't want to patch its self up :o

Aelphasy

Postby Aelphasy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:41 pm

I put all the best will in the world to get out but there is a stuff that stuck and I do not understand why:

1) My usual launcher displays: "Please place this launcher in your PSU-Clementine install directory ..." (before that the patch was stuck in a loop)

2) So I installed the patch and I extracted its contents in my PSUC folder.

3) When I launch the "new client" from the PSUC folder, the main page shows me that the level cap is now 130 and that two new missions added, but: a) when I click on option "cant find Option.exe " b) when I try to lauch, the game window appears to close immediately. (EDIT : tried many thing, what ever Ive tried, it close immediately (even my original psu offline now)
Until the end.

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Aelphasy wrote:3) When I launch the "new client" from the PSUC folder, the main page shows me that the level cap is now 130 and that two new missions added, but: a) when I click on option "cant find Option.exe " b) when I try to lauch, the game window appears to close immediately. (EDIT : tried many thing, what ever Ive tried, it close immediately (even my original psu offline now)

Sounds like your ClemLauncher.exe and PSUC.exe aren't in the game folder...
Are you able to run the client directly from your installed PSU directory?

-

Unfortunately, a lot of this comes from bog standard Windows security, since the PSUC.exe is modified to connect to Clementine instead of the old Sega servers. Of course things will be suspicious of a modified EXE. The same problem will affect the launcher being able to download updates, which causes it to loop for some reason... I'll have Tony look into some of these things though :< Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Return to “News & Information”