Clementine Public Test Announcement

Find out the latest news about Clementine, here!
shade

Re: Clementine Public Test Announcement

Postby shade » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:02 am

Clinya wrote:It is possible to have in 3840x2160 without minimap plz?
here
Clinya wrote:I also wanted to know if it was possible to hide the HUD for screenshots
Press shift + print screen to hide HUD and player's name in speech bubble. You still have to hide manually chatlog and info that appear above character.
ぐぇぐぇ。ぼよよん。

_Illuminado_

Postby _Illuminado_ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:10 am

So im able to log in and play the game with no problem. Im level 21 now and having a blast leveling up my PA's. one thing is still nagging at me though,
My laptop wont let the game load in full screen. In fact, my laptop will only run the game if it is in 8bit (256 color) mode and in window mode. the options menu does not even let me select a resolution for the game other that 1024x768. I would really like to be able to play in full screen. I swear ive tried everything i can think of. Ive even tried s h a d e 's custom 1080p resolution launcher and it does not work in full screen either. It also does not let me change the resolution, it only gives me the one option of 1024x768.
If anyone has any tech expertise i would really appreciate some help.
I am using an HP laptop i bought this year. it is using a 6th gen i5 processor and using built in intel hd 520 graphics, no special gpu.
Thanks in advance!

KanameChidori

Postby KanameChidori » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:29 am

Lemonina wrote:
Alexandrious wrote:Has their been any word on PSUmods and their Private server? They seem to be recreating their forums, but barely any information on their servers progress and what it will have.

I think someone has probably already answered your question. But to possibly add to it.

They are solely concentrating on making an off-line only version (if I understand things correctly), now. For single player only use.

They probably see Clementine as being the online version, since there has been some collaboration between the two projects.

Correct EGS was shutdown a long time ago. The main focus is now D&H which is an offline mod that will bring all JP content and redesign several of the core features for Offline. It's been in the works for a little over 4 years now. It was started while the (Official) servers were still up.
KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Cast AF 20 FM 20 FF 20 PT 20 (JP)
LaLa Lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT 20 WT (JP)

AsunaChidori Lvl 120 Female Newman 10 FT 10 WT 20 MF (Clementine) (Retired)

Lemonina

Postby Lemonina » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:45 am

KanameChidori wrote:Correct EGS was shutdown a long time ago. The main focus is now D&H which is an offline mod that will bring all JP content and redesign several of the core features for Offline. It's been in the works for a little over 4 years now. It was started while the (Official) servers were still up.

Thanks for the information.
I guess it is fortunate, that they started it while the online version, was still running. Otherwise, they may have had great difficulty, obtaining the missions (download), and other server communications information dumps.
Unless they had used the various offline versions, and converted them to be the way they wanted. Which was either considerably harder, or not possible (because not enough information was in the offline mode).
They have released some interesting teasers, with only a very limited number of missions and features/drops. But from what I've seen, they were very nice and cool to play with. Increasing the excitement, for when (hopefully), we eventually get the full release.

mattwo

Postby mattwo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:58 pm

I think the offline patch thing was unoffical. The EGS server was apparently just Essen trying to learn some obscure programming language.

KanameChidori

Postby KanameChidori » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:37 am

mattwo wrote:I think the offline patch thing was unoffical. The EGS server was apparently just Essen trying to learn some obscure programming language.

That would be Erlang, yep.
KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Cast AF 20 FM 20 FF 20 PT 20 (JP)
LaLa Lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT 20 WT (JP)

AsunaChidori Lvl 120 Female Newman 10 FT 10 WT 20 MF (Clementine) (Retired)

JustARabbit

Postby JustARabbit » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:48 pm

Policroma wrote:
mattwo wrote:An hour of non-resumable direct downloading? Yea how does that not sound clunkly?

Um, last I checked, most browsers could resume direct downloads. And there are apps that will take care of any issues you run into with Megaupload.

Besides, if your internet is THAT slow, a torrent isn't exactly going to turn that into a 3 minute download.

But would having a torrent option really hurt? Megaupload sometimes has issues with downloading fast regardless of internet speed. (I personally had to skip using it and go with google docs instead cause it was taking ages, where as google docs download was done in around an hour) And google docs is blocked in a few countries.

Sam

Postby Sam » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:09 pm

JustARabbit wrote:
But would having a torrent option really hurt?

Yes, torrents require hosting. While it wouldn't be /seriously/ bad, I highly doubt you want the team to stop working on the server so they can start working on a torrent

Also, what you said about Gdrive being blocked in some countries is a complete lie. It's only blocked in countries that aren't allowed proper internet like North Korea (Those of whom have MUCH bigger problems than not being able to download this game quickly)

Megaupload works, your connection's just bad.
Gdrive works, you're just fussy.

If what you say is correct about Gdrive, use megaupload.
If megaupload is blocked, use Gdrive. There isn't a single country where both are blocked, INCLUDING North Korea.

Megaupload not downloading properly is a problem on your end, not theirs. No one else I've seen has had that problem.

Thank you for reading. :)

JustARabbit

Postby JustARabbit » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Sam wrote:
JustARabbit wrote:
But would having a torrent option really hurt?

Yes, torrents require hosting. While it wouldn't be /seriously/ bad, I highly doubt you want the team to stop working on the server so they can start working on a torrent

Also, what you said about Gdrive being blocked in some countries is a complete lie. It's only blocked in countries that aren't allowed proper internet like North Korea (Those of whom have MUCH bigger problems than not being able to download this game quickly)

Megaupload works, your connection's just bad.
Gdrive works, you're just fussy.

If what you say is correct about Gdrive, use megaupload.
If megaupload is blocked, use Gdrive. There isn't a single country where both are blocked, INCLUDING North Korea.

Megaupload not downloading properly is a problem on your end, not theirs. No one else I've seen has had that problem.

Thank you for reading. :)

First.. it's not just Gdrive but the entire google itself that's blocked in China (which actually gets decent internet, and in some cases better then the states and in my friend's case that I'm trying to help here, she gets 700 kb/s which really isn't terrible and should be done within a day, but is currently on day 3 of mega uploads junk program.. but I digress)

Second... Megaupload is trash with any download higher then 900 mb, downloading from browser isn't bad, in fact I've downloaded alot from Mega before.. but again nothing higher then 900 mb cause after that it forces you to use their program... which is not only shaky in their download speed, but also has a 3gb bandwith limit in which it forces you to wait before even continuing again. Which a torrent wouldn't do.

I suppose a fix would be splitting the Megaupload into "parts" like I've seen for alot of large sized downloads.

But In my friends cause I guess nothing matters, she will be finished downloading in 1-2 days as soon as Megaupload stops being a jerk with the bandwith limit.

Though maybe for future players of this it may help... I don't know.

Nameless

Postby Nameless » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:55 am

Deleted my old download I had of the game from the previous test and downloaded the new one using google drive, no problems.

This has been so great, I've been playing for a few hours tonight and got to level 26 and saving money to get new PAs. Just a few questions though regarding the client and server:

Is there a way to not have the client be in Japanese and all the graphics options labeled as question marks?
And is server 1 permanently there and going to get updated? Or is it going to be wiped eventually when the final version is ready? I'm gonna get a character or 2 to level 80 but not play much after if they're going to be wiped in the -near- future, for understandable reasons I hope.

Thanks again team Clementine for making this possible. Shit, even going through Mad Creatures C for the first time again felt unreal... :lol:

Return to “News & Information”