Clementine Public Test Announcement

Find out the latest news about Clementine, here!
ames

Re: Clementine Public Test Announcement

Postby ames » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:37 pm

ChronosNotashi wrote:
ames wrote:holy crap im so glad someone really understands my issue. They need to bring the MEGA download for people like us

They DID. Then MEGA pulled the 5GB free download limit crap, screwing over those of us who preferred the MEGA download over Google Drive. So unless they revert that change, the method I mentioned is the best way you're going to get PSUC if you don't want to use Google Drive.

making an account takes like 1 min haha and the download will be even faster than downloading through the MEGA on browser

ChronosNotashi

Postby ChronosNotashi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:21 pm

ames wrote:
ChronosNotashi wrote:
ames wrote:holy crap im so glad someone really understands my issue. They need to bring the MEGA download for people like us

They DID. Then MEGA pulled the 5GB free download limit crap, screwing over those of us who preferred the MEGA download over Google Drive. So unless they revert that change, the method I mentioned is the best way you're going to get PSUC if you don't want to use Google Drive.

making an account takes like 1 min haha and the download will be even faster than downloading through the MEGA on browser

Well, not everyone will be willing to create an account just for one or two downloads once in a blue moon (I personally don't do very many large downloads outside of Steam, unless it's for emulators and/or I can't find a standard non-MEGA download to avoid needing twice the space (since, again, MEGA saves the temporary download files to your cookies, and said files aren't removed automatically after the download is 100% complete and the actual files saved to the target location)), and like I said in the edit, I'm pretty sure Gnome didn't want to force that choice onto anyone (hence why he removed it). There were even COMPLAINTS about the fact that an account completely unrelated to PSUC was practically REQUIRED just to get the game though MEGA in the first place, while the Google Drive download didn't have that requirement (I will give Google Drive that), AND the entire AotI client could be downloaded in pieces from elsewhere to bypass MEGA's restriction (while everything for the download link in this topic is all in one 5.2GB file).

But hey. Gnome COULD have left the MEGA download as it was, and then later deal with the group of angry people who couldn't get the game at all and were unwilling to create an account for MEGA. Especially if there's a history of support/privacy issues that turns away those that are ALREADY paranoid about that kind of stuff.

Edit: Personally, for me, it's not a big deal since I tend to be careful with what I download. But if, for example, I can download Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity for ppsspp (if/when the English patch comes out, since I'm kinda waiting until then to download it and import my PSP2 saves) without having to download anything else (except the absolute minimum to apply the English patch (unless I use a download that has the patch already applied)), then that's good enough for me.

sugarsaki

Postby sugarsaki » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 am

I can't open the PSUinstaller file.

Dual Stream

Postby Dual Stream » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:59 pm

sugarsaki wrote:I can't open the PSUinstaller file.

Have you extracted the file with either winrar or 7z?

You need to do this before you can run the installer program.

- Viyra XXX

mike

Postby mike » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 am

not to sound like a dikk but can someone just tell me what i need to do to download clementine and play psu without me having to read through 50 pages of endless confusing crap?

Midori Hoshi

Postby Midori Hoshi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:12 pm

mike wrote:not to sound like a dikk but can someone just tell me what i need to do to download clementine and play psu without me having to read through 50 pages of endless confusing crap?

You don't need to read through all 50 pages, but at least read the very first post in this topic.
ミドリ★
Female Newman Masterforce

Malaca1977

Postby Malaca1977 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:56 am

There is a 1080p.exe compatible whit clementine?

Senior El Roboto

Postby Senior El Roboto » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:16 pm

im having trouble downloading the game. I downloaded the file from the google drive from the first page. any help. I'm using win 10 if that makes a difference. thanks in advance

TheCheif01

Postby TheCheif01 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 am

Senior El Roboto wrote:im having trouble downloading the game. I downloaded the file from the google drive from the first page. any help. I'm using win 10 if that makes a difference. thanks in advance

I'm having issues as well. There doesn't seem to be a need for a manual patch anymore, so I downloaded the launcher from Google Drive and double clicked "PSUC-Installer.exe". Once Winrar took a good 15 - 20 minutes to extract it, there was an error and the launcher would work. Is there something else I need to do or did I do something wrong?

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Which version did you use, the older one or the newest. Marm had to fix it so the launchers worked so he had to make newer ones.
"I hate 2016 and this current year..." -Noblewine

Discord: Noble_wine#8594

Return to “News & Information”