Clementine Public Test Announcement

Find out the latest news about Clementine, here!
magevideogames

Re: Clementine Public Test Announcement

Postby magevideogames » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Durami wrote:
Aelphasy wrote:
Durami wrote:This may be a dumb question, and an idiotic decision for not finding the right forum part for this question, but...

When I try to change some options, I get nothing but Question Marks.
http://i.imgur.com/NGkw6m4.png?1

How do I change this so that I can read it?

1) Windows + R
2) Type %localappdata%
3) Sega folder, then PSU folder
4) Switch to LANGUAGE =AE (LANGUAGE =J by default) in the .ini thing

Just wanted to point out that I keep seeing this as the answer but I don't have a Sega folder so I am not too sure where to go to fix the issue. Not that big a deal as I can figure most things out. Just thought I'd post in case anyone else is missing the folder.

Kyu

Postby Kyu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:16 pm

magevideogames wrote:
Durami wrote:
Aelphasy wrote:
1) Windows + R
2) Type %localappdata%
3) Sega folder, then PSU folder
4) Switch to LANGUAGE =AE (LANGUAGE =J by default) in the .ini thing

Just wanted to point out that I keep seeing this as the answer but I don't have a Sega folder so I am not too sure where to go to fix the issue. Not that big a deal as I can figure most things out. Just thought I'd post in case anyone else is missing the folder.

Here, copy paste this into the Windows + R section when it pulls up, and you should find it immediately. If not then I literally have no clue what to tell you. ---> %appdata%\..\Local\SEGA

Alexandrious

Postby Alexandrious » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:22 pm

Lemonina wrote:
Sam wrote:
Lemonina wrote:...when it may have been called something else and/or been run by different people...

That was probably EGS, a totally different attempt to make a Private server, mostly unrelated to this one, if not completely unrelated (Bar in some select parts)

Lemonina wrote: I have never looked into Discord. Maybe I should ?

Make sure to mute General if you're only there for announcements. General is a mess.

"EGS" does ring a bell. It probably was "EGS". I did not realize it was completely unrelated. I thought it was used as a starting basis, sorry.

I watched their early attempts (probably via videos on youtube), and all I could see was character(s), moving about the public lobbies. No monsters or mission functionality at all (and no or extremely little progress each year on that project) hence me thinking that it was virtually impossible, and giving up on Phantasy Star Universe, ever existing (online) again.

I've also at times played the other Phantasy Star Universe project (which you also link to via this forum, PSUmods). I enjoyed the public release of that playable version (in 2015 ?), with a modern/late mission(s) to play with. It helps bring back some memories.

I was able to continue (off and on), playing Phantasy Star Universe, myself, when wanted, anyway. Because of the (Sony) PSP versions, and because Phantasy Star Universe single player versions, continue working, if you have the original disks and consoles or PCs as needed.
(If not certain downloads are an option, I am led to understand).

I really like the (Sony) psp versions, but the unit and especially its screen are too small and the buttons are fiddly. It only has weak/poor support for external joysticks and external TVs/monitors. Making it very difficult to sort out, so I basically gave up on it (psp versions).

Instead I'm patiently waiting for psumods, to come through with a version with a huge range of missions, and valid items drops. I.e. A fully (long term) playable version. (And of-course there is Clementine, which is coming along nicely).

Has their been any word on PSUmods and their Private server? They seem to be recreating their forums, but barely any information on their servers progress and what it will have.

Sam

Postby Sam » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Alexandrious wrote:Has their been any word on PSUmods and their Private server?

EGS was scrapped a long time ago now, if that's what you're talking about?
i like touhou

mattwo

Postby mattwo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:49 pm

5gigs?! Is there any chance you could torrent it? Direct downloading anything over 1gig just seems a bit clunky for anyone without an ultrafast internet connection.

Kyu

Postby Kyu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:52 pm

mattwo wrote:5gigs?! Is there any chance you could torrent it? Direct downloading anything over 1gig just seems a bit clunky for anyone without an ultrafast internet connection.

How fast is "ultra fast internet" to you? I have a friend who lives in Kentucky and only receives .5 to 1 MB/s download speed, and he downloaded it perfectly fine. Only took him an hour iirc. (Maybe a little longer)

mattwo

Postby mattwo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:54 pm

An hour of non-resumable direct downloading? Yea how does that not sound clunkly?

Alexandrious

Postby Alexandrious » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Sam wrote:
Alexandrious wrote:Has their been any word on PSUmods and their Private server?

EGS was scrapped a long time ago now, if that's what you're talking about?

Hmm I see.

Lemonina

Postby Lemonina » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Alexandrious wrote:Has their been any word on PSUmods and their Private server? They seem to be recreating their forums, but barely any information on their servers progress and what it will have.

I think someone has probably already answered your question. But to possibly add to it.

They are solely concentrating on making an off-line only version (if I understand things correctly), now. For single player only use.

They probably see Clementine as being the online version, since there has been some collaboration between the two projects.

Policroma

Postby Policroma » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:37 pm

mattwo wrote:An hour of non-resumable direct downloading? Yea how does that not sound clunkly?

Um, last I checked, most browsers could resume direct downloads. And there are apps that will take care of any issues you run into with Megaupload.

Besides, if your internet is THAT slow, a torrent isn't exactly going to turn that into a 3 minute download.

Return to “News & Information”