Clementine Public Test Announcement

Find out the latest news about Clementine, here!
SegaGamer

Re: Clementine Public Test Announcement

Postby SegaGamer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:25 am

Lemonina wrote:When the server was just shutting down, a number of hours ago. I had bought a nice set of high ranking equipment (nice new, low prices!), leveled up to level 45 (from memory), and leveled up a lot of PA's. Almost exclusively done on one or more of the new (apparently) EU servers.

I just went back on.
All the equipment is gone, I'm back to level 40 again, and seem to be just like I was, from a long while back.

I don't mind as such (it is a TEST SERVER, after all), and there was a big warning at the top, saying that item(s) may go missing. Then it said the server was going down in 5 (or 10) minutes.

Anyway, I need to go out and buy some more tissues, because I have still not stopped crying yet. (Only joking, I have plenty of tissues).

N.B. Strictly NO compensation or level increases are being requested or wanted. Just making sure the server is working ok, as in the long term. That would be problematic.

They rolled back the servers 12 hours because of problems, that is why you lost so much.

Lemonina

Postby Lemonina » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:29 am

SegaGamer wrote:They rolled back the servers 12 hours because of problems, that is why you lost so much.

Thanks for letting me know.

I did not notice any announcements about a 12 hour rollback anywhere. I knew nothing about it.

I'm glad it is not a general problem with the server(s). As it would be not very nice if we kept on losing up to 12 hours, of leveling and gameplay rewards.

There was the odd rollback from time to time, of usually a few hours (approximately). When Sega was running the PSU servers.

SegaGamer

Postby SegaGamer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:51 am

Lemonina wrote:
SegaGamer wrote:They rolled back the servers 12 hours because of problems, that is why you lost so much.

Thanks for letting me know.

I did not notice any announcements about a 12 hour rollback anywhere. I knew nothing about it.

I'm glad it is not a general problem with the server(s). As it would be not very nice if we kept on losing up to 12 hours, of leveling and gameplay rewards.

There was the odd rollback from time to time, of usually a few hours (approximately). When Sega was running the PSU servers.

It was announced on Discord. Rolling back the server isn't something that happens all that often from what i have seen, so you don't have to worry too much about that. We should expect these things to happen from time to time on a test server though.

Lemonina

Postby Lemonina » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:59 am

SegaGamer wrote:
Lemonina wrote:
SegaGamer wrote:It was announced on Discord. Rolling back the server isn't something that happens all that often from what i have seen, so you don't have to worry too much about that. We should expect these things to happen from time to time on a test server though.

I have never looked into Discord. Maybe I should ?
Despite watching this project for a very long time, including from a huge number of years ago (when it may have been called something else and/or been run by different people), and joining the earlier open public beta test. I.e. The previous one, some time ago.

I only just recently (a few days ago), joined this forum. But I have been watching/reading this forum for a VERY long time (probably years).

Many years ago, I thought that this project would either be nearly impossible, failing that it would be abandoned (up to half-way through by the developers, SORRY!), and failing that, Sega would stop it.

Anyway, all my predictions have been proved wrong so far!

Sam

Postby Sam » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Lemonina wrote:...when it may have been called something else and/or been run by different people...

That was probably EGS, a totally different attempt to make a Private server, mostly unrelated to this one, if not completely unrelated (Bar in some select parts)

Lemonina wrote: I have never looked into Discord. Maybe I should ?

Make sure to mute General if you're only there for announcements. General is a mess.
i like touhou

Ultrex

Postby Ultrex » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:56 pm

LOL no wonder my fancy new staff was gone XD

Lemonina

Postby Lemonina » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:43 pm

Sam wrote:
Lemonina wrote:...when it may have been called something else and/or been run by different people...

That was probably EGS, a totally different attempt to make a Private server, mostly unrelated to this one, if not completely unrelated (Bar in some select parts)

Lemonina wrote: I have never looked into Discord. Maybe I should ?

Make sure to mute General if you're only there for announcements. General is a mess.

"EGS" does ring a bell. It probably was "EGS". I did not realize it was completely unrelated. I thought it was used as a starting basis, sorry.

I watched their early attempts (probably via videos on youtube), and all I could see was character(s), moving about the public lobbies. No monsters or mission functionality at all (and no or extremely little progress each year on that project) hence me thinking that it was virtually impossible, and giving up on Phantasy Star Universe, ever existing (online) again.

I've also at times played the other Phantasy Star Universe project (which you also link to via this forum, PSUmods). I enjoyed the public release of that playable version (in 2015 ?), with a modern/late mission(s) to play with. It helps bring back some memories.

I was able to continue (off and on), playing Phantasy Star Universe, myself, when wanted, anyway. Because of the (Sony) PSP versions, and because Phantasy Star Universe single player versions, continue working, if you have the original disks and consoles or PCs as needed.
(If not certain downloads are an option, I am led to understand).

I really like the (Sony) psp versions, but the unit and especially its screen are too small and the buttons are fiddly. It only has weak/poor support for external joysticks and external TVs/monitors. Making it very difficult to sort out, so I basically gave up on it (psp versions).

Instead I'm patiently waiting for psumods, to come through with a version with a huge range of missions, and valid items drops. I.e. A fully (long term) playable version. (And of-course there is Clementine, which is coming along nicely).

TheAbyssOfHalo

Postby TheAbyssOfHalo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 pm

i lost literally everything then got it back but better, i honestly cant even be mad

Durami

Postby Durami » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:50 pm

Aelphasy wrote:
Durami wrote:This may be a dumb question, and an idiotic decision for not finding the right forum part for this question, but...

When I try to change some options, I get nothing but Question Marks.
http://i.imgur.com/NGkw6m4.png?1

How do I change this so that I can read it?

1) Windows + R
2) Type %localappdata%
3) Sega folder, then PSU folder
4) Switch to LANGUAGE =AE (LANGUAGE =J by default) in the .ini thing

Niko Reiesu

Postby Niko Reiesu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:25 am

I know I'd sound like I'm complaining, and I understand if you don't, but is it possible for you to make a third download link? The MEGA one stopped because I hit the limit of 4.99 GB ( :evil: ), and it's telling me to wait SEVEN HOURS ( :twisted: ) to continue, and Google Drive's download has take 5 minutes and still hasn't begun downloading, and I bet by the time it's done you'll have already finished the public beta test.

...Man, this is not a good first post for me. And to think I was getting excited because I have never actually played PSU before...

Return to “News & Information”