"The Plan"

Find out the latest news about Clementine, here!
Sam

Re: "The Plan"

Postby Sam » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Miyoko

Postby Miyoko » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:07 am

I haven't posted in like 8 months, or been around even, because real life sucks but I wanted to come back and tell you once more Marmalade (and all those working hard) that I freaking love you. <3

Miyoko

Postby Miyoko » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:06 am

Also, after playing a bit, I am super torn in regards to a wipe. On the one hand, yeah, it really makes sense to wipe and start clean once everything is "100%" (or as close to 100% as everyone wants it to be before everything is "official"), and for everyone to start on even ground with functioning classes, bosses, gear, etc. etc. etc... ... ...

... But then another part of me wants to keep at least my PAs I've leveled up, and not start TOTALLY fresh simply because I've already done the huge grind before. I've got all Gunmaster bullet PAs to 41+ and what an arduous trek that was. My selfish side doesn't want to do it again.

Can we just like, wipe everyone's equipment clean, give them 1000 meseta, and we start pseudo-fresh, even though half of me is saying that's dumb and arhg I'm conflicted can you tell?

Kyu

Postby Kyu » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:17 am

Miyoko wrote:Also, after playing a bit, I am super torn in regards to a wipe. On the one hand, yeah, it really makes sense to wipe and start clean once everything is "100%" (or as close to 100% as everyone wants it to be before everything is "official"), and for everyone to start on even ground with functioning classes, bosses, gear, etc. etc. etc... ... ...

... But then another part of me wants to keep at least my PAs I've leveled up, and not start TOTALLY fresh simply because I've already done the huge grind before. I've got all Gunmaster bullet PAs to 41+ and what an arduous trek that was. My selfish side doesn't want to do it again.

Can we just like, wipe everyone's equipment clean, give them 1000 meseta, and we start pseudo-fresh, even though half of me is saying that's dumb and arhg I'm conflicted can you tell?

I'm completely opposed to a partial wipe. If it's gonna be wipe, it should be a WIPE. However, if they for whatever reason do a partial wipe, "The PA's need to go back to 1". You level PA's up by 50x right now. That would be absolutely retarded to let everyone keep their Level 50 PA's when they had to do barely ANYTHING to get them to that level. In my opinion, a partial wipe should be everything but your character and it's clothes, and room. Character level, class level, PA's, armor, and weapons should all go bye-bye (probably meseta too, I'll let the Devs decide on that). Everyone wants a partial wipe because they're easily grinding right now so that when the actual server opens up, they can all sit on the 4th floor and show off their stats while they chat (like they already do).

TL;DR Most of this community is lazy and wants a partial wipe so they can keep their stats that they did not receive on a legitimate basis. I'm opposed to it. We all know everyone is just going to sit on the 4th floor anyway (or some other spot) and chat.

Colette

Postby Colette » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:18 am

Kyu wrote:
TL;DR Most of this community is lazy and wants a partial wipe so they can keep their stats that they did not receive on a legitimate basis. I'm opposed to it. We all know everyone is just going to sit on the 4th floor anyway (or some other spot) and chat.

This is what I would hope would be stopped by a wipe pretty much. The progress you make during a test phase with enhanced rates is completely illegitimate, if you're not gonna play the game as it's meant to be then what even is your interest? :( I mean, I'm tbh as far from a purist when it comes to online phantasy star games as you can get, there are definitely things that I'd love to see changed or even go away from PSU. However, the core of the game is finding items, leveling, grinding your PM, and bettering your weapons. If you skip all that you're basically just playing a sitting simulator, and you got second life or w/e it is for that.

tl;dr of my own, like kyu said basically said nothing you're doing now should be considered legitimate by any means. Stop being lazy.

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:56 am

A full wipe wouldn't bother me since I love a challenge so I don't mind restarting. My suggestion is to help the players that are struggling. I'm up for helping in that sense. Phantasy Star Universe is a game that should be enjoyed with others not just solo game. They made this game accessible so we can help them by moderating the game simply by finding bugs. Let's not forget that.
Skype: Noblewine31 ( I had to change it because I forgot my password)
Discord: Noble_wine#8594
My discord channel. PSUHotspot

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Hiiiii o/ I figured I'd give you a brief update and let you know what's going on since it's been quiet from me recently.

Currently we're still partially at the drawing board and trying to determine the best course of action. Work has begun, specifically to try and tackle the SSL problems that Clementine currently faces. However! Server 1 is unlikely to see many changes from here on out, so don't expect much else for the time being. At least from me. Maybe Gnome will do more stuff!

Not much to say really. Just, I'm not dead? <3 and things are still happening.
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Gnome
Site Admin

Postby Gnome » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:43 am

Marmalade wrote:Maybe Gnome will do more stuff!

How dare thy volunteer me!
Yes! Things and stuff...

Things have been super quiet on the update front, mostly due to changes in circumstances in our real lives.
I'm working most of the time now, and the rest of the dev team have their own issues that I'm not willing to spill all over the forum without consent and so we've all been laying low, crying into our hands daily.

I'd like to get the ball rolling potentially on drops and working out any issues there, but only time shall tell! Perhaps I'll stop being a lazy butt...just maybe.
I hope you're all holding up out there.

I've written up most of the SUV/Nanoblast system that I've lost about 6 times and re-written, some major issues are still there so I need to crack down on those and maybe they'll see the light in the coming weeks, it really depends how much time I have to spend working on it.

Love you all, xoxo :mrgreen:
Hurt me please

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:58 am

When you're not coding/programming Gnome. Can you please unban me from discord clementine chat. <.<
Skype: Noblewine31 ( I had to change it because I forgot my password)
Discord: Noble_wine#8594
My discord channel. PSUHotspot

Gnome
Site Admin

Postby Gnome » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 am

Noblewine wrote:When you're not coding/programming Gnome. Can you please unban me from discord clementine chat. <.<

You never were banned to begin with.

If you'd like to PM me, or another admin rather than posting in an unrelated topic, thannnnks ;)
Hurt me please

Return to “News & Information”