Update 25th October 2016

Find out the latest news about Clementine, here!
Marmalade

Update 25th October 2016

Postby Marmalade » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:22 pm

'EeeeeeeeEEEEY, here's the thing I should do right around now even though it's... not even. I don't remember much. Where is this again?

While it wasn't looking, I did to the server the unthinkable:
+ Fixed Units, mostly. There are still a few things that need sorting (Status resist and junk!).
+ Units stay equipped across shield change.
+ PP Depletion is now working, except for Machine Guns and draining techs (Dam techs, Megiverse).
+ PP Replenish from attacks.
+ PP Replenish over time (Basic for now, I have no data for this).
+ PP Modifiers from types are working.
+ PP Charge and PP Charge Cosmos now work thanks to Gnome.
+ Mission elapsed time is now working.
+ Basic mission-end support includes Type leveling and ranking data for enemy kills, player kills, and time.
+ Nanoblasts and SUV's did work, but we lost some of the code, somehow... Gnome did it, he can fix it <3
+ A large number of item fixes (and still going!) thanks to Viyra, Whammy, and also Scriptkiddie for providing me missing item info.
+ Striking PA Combo modifiers are now filled out, thanks to Dovahqveen.
+ A number of missing text options on the JP client were added.
- Drops are well under way and making good progress!

There's definitely more but I can't really remember right now. I'm sure someone will remind me.
Also a huge number of bug fixes, thanks to everyone helping to test!

Currently I am working on getting player rooms to work properly, or at least on a basic level. I just did a large inventory structure change to the database to prepare for common box support. Testers are currently checking for any inventory bugs before I continue, but more database changes are likely to occur soon especially with the way partner cards and rooms work. I was considering opening the server for a week to public test, but I've decided against it until I can get these changes out the way, lest I have to wipe unnecessarily, but, we'll see.

To my own surprise I've gotten a number of room packets down already, but considering the overall poor design of rooms (It's really bad, actually), I'm still lost in some places for both answers and design stategies. But thanks to Scriptkiddie, I now have the correct packets to enable the vision phone (which was broken on the JP client), and decoration placement and removal, among other things.

As a whole, things are going well and I hope rooms won't take a major amount of time to complete!
Hope you all have a good halloween :>
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Souma

Re: Update 25th October 2016

Postby Souma » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:21 pm

Haha nothing worse than finding out a public test was gonna be planned and ended up not happening But Thanks for your hard work everyone.

Noblewine

Postby Noblewine » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Great surprise Marmalade! I can't wait to see what you guys do with player rooms.
Skype: Noblewine31 ( I had to change it because I forgot my password)
Discord: Noble_wine#8594
My discord channel. PSUHotspot

WhammyKing121

Postby WhammyKing121 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Noblewine wrote:Great surprise Marmalade! I can't wait to see what you guys do with player rooms.

Get them working is the goal.
PSU Clementine Server
Whammy - Male - Human - Fortefighter
Emelina - Female - CAST - Gunmaster
Nyx - Female - Human - Acrotecher

PSU Japanese Server
Nyx - Female - Human - Fortefighter
Emelina - Female - CAST - Gunmaster

PSUOverEverything

Postby PSUOverEverything » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:59 pm

So i know it is probably an impossible question to ask, but how much is left to do? Do all lobbies work? All weapons and items? What missions work? I guess what I mean is has someone compiled all of the updates into a single list? That would give us some motivation to continue following this project and all. I mean, it would really suck for all this work and time to only reach a greatly depleted userbase. I have to assume people will come back with open arms once the servers go public again, and perhaps more once things are "finished". I guess I just want to visualize the progress being made.

Kurama

Postby Kurama » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:05 am

PSUOverEverything wrote:So i know it is probably an impossible question to ask, but how much is left to do? Do all lobbies work? All weapons and items? What missions work? I guess what I mean is has someone compiled all of the updates into a single list? That would give us some motivation to continue following this project and all. I mean, it would really suck for all this work and time to only reach a greatly depleted userbase. I have to assume people will come back with open arms once the servers go public again, and perhaps more once things are "finished". I guess I just want to visualize the progress being made.

viewforum.php?f=24
If you feel like looking through every update to find out what is working, then help yourself to that link.
ロングライブクレメンタイン!

PSUOverEverything

Postby PSUOverEverything » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:19 am

Kurama wrote:
PSUOverEverything wrote:So i know it is probably an impossible question to ask, but how much is left to do? Do all lobbies work? All weapons and items? What missions work? I guess what I mean is has someone compiled all of the updates into a single list? That would give us some motivation to continue following this project and all. I mean, it would really suck for all this work and time to only reach a greatly depleted userbase. I have to assume people will come back with open arms once the servers go public again, and perhaps more once things are "finished". I guess I just want to visualize the progress being made.

viewforum.php?f=24
If you feel like looking through every update to find out what is working, then help yourself to that link.

I have gone through that already. What I mean is a single document or something.

Killroy909

Postby Killroy909 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:45 am

PSUOverEverything wrote:
Kurama wrote:

viewforum.php?f=24

I have gone through that already. What I mean is a single document or something.

Here is everything about server functionality but keep it in mind it have not updated yet but read other update post to catch up viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1954. The progression of the server is going great looking foward to hesr great news in the next update!

Human- Killroy
Human- Dart

No longer your favorite HUmar
Clean state

Midori Oku

Postby Midori Oku » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:05 am

I wouldn't mind going over the PA modifers of the melee PA's. Unless if Dovahqveen used the correct JP modifiers. Although it's not important at this current moment as it is something that can be fixed (if needed) closer to the time the server is finished.

Gnome

Postby Gnome » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:32 am

I'd like to add something to the update, kind of.

Mostly thanks to WhammyKing121, we've filled a majority of missing weapon data (including models, stats, all that jazz), this includes JP weapons as well as US weapons, there are a few left to fill in, but I'm sure I can fill those in as WhamJam has done alot to help out.

Love you whammybaby <3
Hurt me please

Return to “News & Information”