Server Update 22nd August 2016

Find out the latest news about Clementine, here!
Marmalade

Server Update 22nd August 2016

Postby Marmalade » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:31 am

Sorry that this update is a little late, but, y'know... I mean it's really just like eating soup with a fork, yeah? You'll get little bits of yummy-tasty in the beginning and then it kind've goes cold and gross, but you get through it in the end because the next bowl will probably be chicken and mushroom, or something. I don't know... that's kind've what it's like to work on bosses.

Most of this time has been spent re-writing the boss system, which really took a while to be honest, and I want to thank Tony for helping me design a viable system for what is essentially a clusterfuck of a boss system. But for now it's good!

De Ragan has been re-written on the new system and he works a lot better now. No de-syncs, and he's fairly capable of putting up a good fight. He can also stack movements which is a big part of boss battles that I overlooked in the beginning, due to not actually fully understanding the system.

Alterazgohg has also been written and was finished today. He functions very well and is actually pretty fun to fight considering the lack of packets I had for him (shocker, really). The Arena turrets are also functioning correctly!

Given that De Ragan and Alterazgohg are now pretty much done, I'm hoping that Zoal Goug and De Ragnus will be pretty easy to finish since they both use the same template. I'm not likely to look at other bosses for a short while just because it's pretty exhausting to figure out anyway.

Besides that...
- Boss stats are now correctly loaded and applied.
- Bosses now actually die, and the boxes and crystal spawn where before it was just a silent void of nothing.
This is a bit of a hack and is likely to change later once mission completes aren't actually a huge mystery.
- Boxes can now drop actual items. Unfortunately we only have the offline table which is pretty broken and only covers 30%-ish of drops.
- Enemies can also drop items but they're all broken and need filling in properly. Please see the Drops Discussion.
- Trading is now somewhat functional, thanks to Gnome.

- Fixed a bug where player position wasn't updated if you were too far from them.
- Last Location is now saved on actual area change instead of periodically.
This fixes a bug where you'd spawn on the Colony if disconnected (ugh)
- Rapidly hitting WASD or the Analog Stick while frozen can now reduce frozen time up to 4 seconds.

What's possibly next?
Gnome has been looking into making Nanoblasts work. They seem pretty terrible, honestly...
Gnome has also been looking into making Dark Falz work
I want to make an attempt at making Units work before potentially reopening for another public test.
I also want to make PP depletion work.

Sorry this update is seemingly small, a lot of the time was spent figuring out bosses.
As always, thanks for your patience and support while we wade through this mess.
Thank you, Seras! c:

Hobbyist and Professional Procrastinator '<'
https://twitter.com/psuclementine tweeter!

Noblewine

Re: Server Update 22nd August 2016

Postby Noblewine » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Marmalade wrote: Enemies can also drop items but they're all broken and need filling in properly. De Ragan and Alterazgohg are now pretty much done.

A great time for my labtop to break..... =-=;;
Skype: Noblewine31 ( I had to change it because I forgot my password)
Discord: Noble_wine#8594
My discord channel. PSUHotspot

Aelphasy

Postby Aelphasy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7n-Zb3c1s

If the mountain will be difficult to climb, the way to reach the mountain was just as difficult. And the mountain is nearby now.

That's my feeling with that update. It seems like : "Okay, it will really hard, BUT we will do it. Together. Together we will do it, just like we did during this last year. It's not over yet, but the progess we made so far give us the courage to continue."

As said Laoh Tseuh : "And when the rain begins to fall I'll be the sunshine in your life"

Good luck for the future.
Until the end.

Brendson

Postby Brendson » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:15 pm

This is an update.
Brendson | Rpn | Bulleh | Lynx
Twitter - YouTube - Twitch

Killroy909

Postby Killroy909 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:59 am

Such a good update. looking foward to fight those boss soon.

Human- Killroy
Human- Dart

No longer your favorite HUmar
Clean state

VirtuaroidPilot

Postby VirtuaroidPilot » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:16 am

Noblewine wrote:
Marmalade wrote: Enemies can also drop items but they're all broken and need filling in properly. De Ragan and Alterazgohg are now pretty much done.

A great time for my labtop to break..... =-=;;

So THAT'S why I haven't been able to reach you on Skype!
On the PSOBB Fan Servers, I was known as Nanolyn / Nano-San. A user named MewPlushie used to pounce the Nano-San. Meow?

LadyRena

Postby LadyRena » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:36 am

The hype meter is rising!
Well it's less impressive without italics.

JCGamer

Postby JCGamer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:12 am

:? I swear I posted some comment here... I wonder who the dat heck remove my main comment ?
anyways nice update :P

Apocalyptic

Postby Apocalyptic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:23 am

Awesome update guys~
Apocalyptic: GM , AF , FG.
ID: 54931
Twitter: Sunayaka_
Twitch: twitch.tv/s3xual
XBL: Snow1
PSN: Sunayaka

Zach