Weapon Discussion

Jobs for the weapon experts.
Marmalade

Weapon Discussion

Postby Marmalade » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:54 pm

If you get stuck, need more information, have suggestions, or whatever it is, then you can discuss whatever you need about weapons here.
Thank you, Seras! c:

[Development Twitter]
[Development Twitch]

Marmalade

Re: Weapon Discussion

Postby Marmalade » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:37 pm

I've posted the CSV's for a handful of weapons for now just to get a feel for the likelihood of this actually happening. I'll post more later, or if there are specific weapons you want to work on then you can ask me here. Thank you.
Thank you, Seras! c:

[Development Twitter]
[Development Twitch]

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:54 am

" the likelihood of this actually happening"
What actually happening?

And is this whole weapon CSV thing new? I could have sworn I saw something like this before. Or is it just relocated here?

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:00 am

You might be thinking of some of the other files I've requested help with. I only posted weapons a few hours ago.
Thank you, Seras! c:

[Development Twitter]
[Development Twitch]

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Where would I be able to find a weapon ID?

Aren't the ID's obsolete btw? The way I see it, you can easily use your own ID's instead of the original ones?

Tony

Postby Tony » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Ricewind wrote:Where would I be able to find a weapon ID?

Aren't the ID's obsolete btw? The way I see it, you can easily use your own ID's instead of the original ones?

No. So much no. The ID's are heavily specific to the client. They point to data in the client, and we are working with what is already there. If you give the client an ID for a sword, it'll find that sword, using the model ID, and category type. It'll then use the stats the server provided for display and the rest. Creating our own ID's would mean stripping the data files client side, re-creating them, and probably a few client exe modifications by the end. Not an option.

The ID's can be found in the client, of you're able to look through the data files (good luck). They can also be found in logs, but we've already ripped them out of the logs found here on the forum. You can probably poke at the game using something like Cheat Engine in offline mode to find ID's if you really wanted to.
"Explaining it is like trying to eat a bear trap... or something"

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:10 pm

One final question. Does it matter which item stats get matched with with reserved ID?
Judging by the csv contents, I'd say no, but just in case I'm asking.

Example: Does 101D0601 always have to be a "Hiken" or can it be any slicer?

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:26 pm

Ricewind wrote:Example: Does 101D0601 always have to be a "Hiken" or can it be any slicer?

It has to be, the client ties item ID's to unique behavior. This is the problem we have, we have the Item ID's, we just don't know what item occupies it, if at all.
Thank you, Seras! c:

[Development Twitter]
[Development Twitch]

Ricewind

Postby Ricewind » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Marmalade wrote:
Ricewind wrote:Example: Does 101D0601 always have to be a "Hiken" or can it be any slicer?

It has to be, the client ties item ID's to unique behavior. This is the problem we have, we have the Item ID's, we just don't know what item occupies it, if at all.

I see, thanks.
Although I have limited knowledge of extracting data out of an already existing game, I'll have a try at it once I have a bit more time to spare.

Return to “Weapon Jobs”